News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Tama Iron Cobra hi hat stand compatibility?

Started by RobC, August 01, 2017, 12:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobC

Apologies if thus has been asked before, but is the 2box hi hat pad compatible with a Tama hi hat stand? I am currently using a Jobeky real feel hihat with said stand and a Zourman convertor with my 2bix module. The response is terrible so I'm wanting to switch to a 2box hi hat pad.

Thanks!

edtc

if it works well for you , why not sticking to this setup ...?

2 box hihat pad is supposed to work with any hihat stand .

ANGR77

Hi Robc.

What kind of problems have you been experiencing? (The solution have been reported to work well by other users of Jobeky and the Zourman box.)

The Jobeky hh uses a Go edrum pedal solution...which emulates a VH-11 hi-hat.

Best regards

Anders / Zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

RobC

Sorry, I should have expanded on the 'terrible response'. The issues I've been experiencing are:-

1) multiple triggering. When I press the pedal to close the hi hat this triggers the 2box module repeatedly for about 1 to 2 seconds and can trigger around 6 times.

2) when I close the hi hat after playing an open hi hat stroke, the open hi hat sound continues even after I play tbe next closed hat strokes. If I'm playing 1/16th notes, the open note can is still be heard with the closed hi hat notes on top. This means I can only play a song entirely closed hat or open hat, any transition causes multiple triggering.

I have exhausted all setting options on the 2 box module and recalibrated the hi hat many times. After recalibration, the problem lessens, but us still there and gets worse over time. I have contacted Jobeky, but they are next to useless when it comes to communication - not replying to my emails etc. They're now aware of the problem but have not offered a solution.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

ANGR77

Sorry to hear about your problems!

This is not the right behavior - something is very wrong here!

It could be the hi-pedal or even the ZD box which creates the problem.

But, mail me on info@zourman.com so we can investigate it further.

(I would like to check your serial number to see if you have the right box)

The very best regards

Anders / Zourman.com / Roland hi-hat converters for 2box
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

RobC

Thank you Anders. I will mail you later todat with the serial number.

hemiboy

I have a Tama Speed Cobra hi hat (very similar to Iron Cobra) paired with a J man (stealth drums) hi hat converter with my 2 box and it fits and works perfectly  with that HH stand

JRage

Hi,

I have Tama Iron Cobra. Initially the clutch of 2box pad was too loose for the rod, therefore I took off the gasket from the bolt of the clutch to tighten it. Trying again later I noticed that clutch now can be tightened enough with the gasket on - apparently the bolt needed some 'adaptation' to the hole to move futher in.
So, yes 2box hihat pad fits well on Tama Iron Cobra stand.
Posted by some mistake.

Coda

I use a Tama HH stand and its worked great with Roland VH11, Acoustic converted hats, and now Gen16 hats.

RobC

Thanks for all your replies folks. I will probably get a 2box hi hat. Thanks