News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2box ceasing drum set production ??

Started by Pret, July 20, 2017, 03:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

welshsteve

The difference it mainly the 3 is geared to handle 95% of other brand pads and cymbals. But it has 2 less outputs. Most Roland's and others only ever have 2 outputs so I don't see this as an major loss. I've ever only used 2 on the drumit5. But everyone's requirements differ.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Coda

I was using 5 outs until I got the Gen16, now 4. I will need to put the click on a separate channel soon, so it will be back to 5. The D3 wouldn't work for me.

JRage

Quote from: Nico on July 21, 2017, 01:15:22 PM
If you don't need the 2 extra outputs from the drumit5, why not to choose the new drumit3 ?
It will support better hihats (without adapters) and better 3 zone rides. It is cheaper and will have new sounds in the box.

Hopefully, those sounds will be compatible with Drumit5 too ;)
Posted by some mistake.

Murgen

I use 2 outputs to my mixer and a 3rd output to my Throne Thumper. I understand the move, however, the 2Box pads are not that bad and recently priced. Just the concept of the hihat sensor which did not worked out too well.

But I understand the move, prolly the 3 is easier to produce because of a more recent  component design. USB 2 or 3 anybody?
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

edtc

Quote from: Murgen on July 24, 2017, 01:52:46 PM
.... prolly the 3 is easier to produce because of a more recent  component design. USB 2 or 3 anybody?

IMO , except the universal trigger mod and the "less outs button an knobs" thing , the electronic is basically the same ... and the USB 1 interface probably too ...

Not a problem as the Drumit5 is still outstanding , compared to other modules around 800/1500â,¬ ...

We'll see "early autumn " ;)

Murgen

The other improvement is the adapter ... from DC to AC, which will make it less vulnerable for power dips.
--------

Coda

Quote from: Murgen on July 25, 2017, 07:21:25 PM
The other improvement is the adapter ... from DC to AC, which will make it less vulnerable for power dips.
From AC to DC, but yes an improvement.

Murgen

--------

Jman

Quote from: Murgen on July 26, 2017, 07:28:59 PM
Quote from: Coda on July 26, 2017, 04:09:05 AM
From AC to DC, but yes an improvement.
[/quote

Haha, their leaflet says different ;) http://2box.se/download/pdf/2Box-DrumIt-Three.pdf

What they mean by Multi plug AC power supply 100-240V is that it will be Universal, able to plug into various AC power from dif. countries. On the back of the module if you zoom in you will see DC In. So they changed the module and now supply a Multi Power Supply adapter. The new DC In should prove better and Power supply/adapters might not be so hard to find ..... LOL.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

ANGR77

The AC/DC adapter is also an EU requirement.

It is an interesting question regarding if the Three had a USB 1 or USB 2 implementation...
The three box I tested had definitely USB 1...but I think the ambition was to get rid of the 4GB memory limitation when addressed over USB, (a limit based on the USB 1.)

Hope they fixed this!

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

waynec42

IMO and big step backwards with only 4 outs. I use 7 outs (using heaphone out) at the moment as I use the kit live; splitting Kick, Snare, Toms (Left and right) ,OH's (left and right) and Hats for complete control over the mix. Everyroom is different and using IEM's it enables band members to dial in whatever drum mix they need. ie. bass player likes hats, others like Kick and snare.

Not much info about the outs that I can see from website. Can the headphone out be used as in the '5'? Are the outs balances this time? To me a logical step forward for a professional device.

What about the line in (which I have never used). Can it be selected as an output.

All in all, the reduced outputs is a deal breaker for me.