News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2box ceasing drum set production ??

Started by Pret, July 20, 2017, 03:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pret

I just called a local importer of 2box in my country to obtain a quotation for DrumIt 5 module.
To my dismay I was told 2box has just ceased production of the drumset and going to focus on modules only.
Is that proven info ??

welshsteve

I can imagine this to be the case. But I guess they're gonna concentrate on the drumit3 module for a bit before bringing out a drumit5 plus or something later.
They don't make the best pads (although I certainly like them) and feel the tide going with their market place being fixed into the DIY edrum market.
I do know they're working on a firmware update and going with the drumit3 very soon.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Pret

I wrote them directly asking that... well... now confirmed, they ceased production of pads
and will focus on module only.
Asked whether 5 will also be phased out and replaced by 3 they will continue to produce 5 a side of new 3...(frankly can hardly see any reason for that)
Let's see what they will answer..

edtc

it seems logic ...

The module is by far the best part of a drumit5 kit ...

Pret

Yes that is what I gather from all my online research for the best affordable module for my upgrade...
The big question though is whether the new 3 is worthy a wait of another 2-3 months or just bite the bullet and purchase the 5 (bearing in mind using an adapter for V-11 hi-hat)...

welshsteve

Well, if you can get a drumit5 and the VH11 box thing works, then get the 5! I would for sure.

Pret

Now confirmed - the 5 is or will also be phased out of production in favor of 3

welshsteve

Right to pick up a 2nd drumit5 or wait for the drumit3 before I sell of the TD15 (which. I use just for hats)???

Nico

If you don't need the 2 extra outputs from the drumit5, why not to choose the new drumit3 ?
It will support better hihats (without adapters) and better 3 zone rides. It is cheaper and will have new sounds in the box.

Pret

2box still did not advertise the compatibility list of the pads/cymbals models...

Pret

edtc

Quote from: Pret on July 21, 2017, 02:35:15 PM
2box still did not advertise the compatibility list of the pads/cymbals models...

- snare  input  will be compatible with 3 zones YAMAHA pads  ( with 3 sounds head/rim/sidestick) or 2 zones PIEZO/PIEZO & PIEZO/SWITCH .

-cymbals inputs will be compatible with 3 zones YAMAHA  cymbals  ( with 3 sounds )    2 zones  with  PIEZO/SWITCH cymbals .

- 3 zones for cymbals via 2 inputs BOW/EDGE , BOW/BELL (roland style )

- toms compatible with 2 zones PIEZO/PIEZO & PIEZO/SWITCH  so any existing pads will be ok , except MARK DRUM and USB latest ROLANDS

Jman

Quote from: edtc on July 21, 2017, 04:03:25 PM
- snare  input  will be compatible with 3 zones YAMAHA pads  ( with 3 sounds head/rim/sidestick) or 2 zones PIEZO/PIEZO & PIEZO/SWITCH .

-cymbals inputs will be compatible with 3 zones YAMAHA  cymbals  ( with 3 sounds )    2 zones  with  PIEZO/SWITCH cymbals .

- 3 zones for cymbals via 2 inputs BOW/EDGE , BOW/BELL (roland style )

- toms compatible with 2 zones PIEZO/PIEZO & PIEZO/SWITCH  so any existing pads will be ok , except MARK DRUM and USB latest ROLANDS
And Bengt told me it would also be compatible with existing 2Box pads and cymbals.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Pret

Not sure what are two or three zones...as a relatively beginner :-)
But does all that mean compatible with all current Roland pads and cymbals ?
No need any kind of adapters ?

Drumpig

What are the differences between the 5 and the 3? i bought the 5 just recently as i need the individual outputs specifically for recording each instrument as audio, other than cymbals as i use acoustic cymbals mic'd up.