News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

double triggering on rt 30

Started by gist, July 19, 2017, 01:46:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gist

How do i fix massive double triggering using roland rt 30 and 3 ply mesh head?

ANGR77

Hi!

I don't know if this is any help or not, but I am running my RT-10S(previous version of the RT-30) on all drums with Remo Silent Stroke.

I am using the following settings for a 14" snare and RT-10S:

Type: PAD12
xtalk: Med
Gain: 14
Thres: -36
Curve: Norm

Best regards

Anders / http://www.zourman.com / Roland hi-hat conversion module for 2box

Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Jman

Also, on the latest OS 1.303 the Mask time feature is a real advantage. Raising the Mask time will definitely help with double triggering. The Threshold and Gain should be set first though. Threshold only as low as needed to pick up lightest hits, the lower the Threshold the easier to double trigger. Gain only set high enough so your hardest hits trigger the peak, too high and it is easier to double trigger.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

StudioG4

Had a similar problem. My solution was to use a Remo Muffles tray and foam. Solved the problem.

ANGR77

Hi!
The mask parameter is on my drums set to 1 for the example on the snare above and 4 for a 18" kick drum with a RT-10K sensor.

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

welshsteve

Muting the head would be best option rather than altering mask time as it might kill your flams and rolls. Cut out some foam (13" for a 14" head for example) and have felt strips across it (each from rim to run across the head) to hold it in place when it's tensioned up. That'll work a treat.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Coda

I second the foam mute option. It was the only thing that worked for me satisfactorily. Also don't forget that there are trigger type settings designed for the acoustic triggers (the Trigit ones), I think they are called ACT1-ACT3 or such. Try them if pad8-10-12 doesn't work.