News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Drumit 5 module alters sounds?

Started by Exote, July 07, 2017, 12:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exote

Hi,
I´m new in the 2box community and am still figuring out a lot about electronic drums in general. So far I´ve been able to figure out everything on my own. There is one issue, however, that I can´t find any answers to nor discussions about: After I load my drum sounds into the drumit5 module they sound different. For instance, a snare sound I tweaked quite a lot and which I liked when I played it back through my RME interface sounds thinner and very aggressive in the treble range after I loaded it into the module. I made sure the EQ was flat and no effects were involved. The same happens with all of my other samples. Bass drums have way too much attack and lose bass, toms get the same treatment. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I doing something wrong, or does the module add treble to "impress"? Are the converters that bad? Any help would be appreciated.

puttenvr

Yes, i have addressed that problem before
A lot of converted samples sound perfect on my pc but when load into the 2box they lack definition and focus
I have never heard a solution for the problem, though

As long as this problem is not solved 2box needs to stop the claim that one can import every sound you want. It frustrated me a lot.

Exote

Thanks for the reply. I'll do some testing and post the results.

DeraldPrice

I bought a cheap Berhinger mixer to avoid using the awful headphone out on the module and added a little in-module EQ to improve the overall sound.

The results are much better. That being said, I still find the That Sounds samples have made the move from PC to 2box with the least loss of fidelity. I find myself play my kits based on their samples most often.