Noob Question: Selecting the activation range of a file sample in the Editor

Started by de_lima, June 02, 2017, 05:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

de_lima

Hi everyone.

I'm new at this Forum (and to sampling sounds into the 2 Box for all that matter). I used to just enjoy the playability and the silence of the kit while playing home. I'm now working on sampling sounds into it and came across a question that I could not find an answer up to this point. Maybe I just asked it wrong  :P

Anyway, as I'm loading files into the Editor, it chooses automatically which file should be activated through each hit velocity (what I called "activation range"). I wanted to have control over which file should be activated to each hit velocity. Is there a way to select this through the editor or the brain?

Also out of curiosity, do any of you guys know how does the software chooses each file to a given velocity? Does it analyze the loudness of the files?

Anyway, hi and thanks in advance  :drum2:

edtc

hi , and welcome

I think this is automatically done by the 2BOX editor according to the samples loudness .. dont know if it s possible to modify it .

With DSOUNDtool ( it s a third party editor made by Louis , a forum member , there is a way to do it ...

It s a bit esoteric ..:)  You have to modify a .TXT file joined with the dsound with strange numbers 
... Never did it but i know its possible ...
From what i remember , it s not easy and user friendy to do it that way ...

Something more graphical , with possibility to listen to layers , move layers , chose the range and size of a layer would be great ...

But that's more a question for the frenchguy called Lustar ... :) 

de_lima

Hey edtc,

thanks for the quick response, man! I'll give DSOUNDtool a try.

But anyway, it would really be cool to have something more user friendly,
Quote from: edtc on June 02, 2017, 06:31:52 PM

Something more graphical , with possibility to listen to layers , move layers , chose the range and size of a layer would be great ...

I'd be totally up for that as well.

Thanks again!

Cheers  :animal: