News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Several problems

Started by bmkrivetz, May 25, 2017, 07:28:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmkrivetz

Hi all

I've just had my new kit,i put the kit together but i experienced some problems.

1-The biggest problem is ,hihat.Since i plug the adapter in ,hihat  triggering itself ,without any hit of mine.I can't stop it .It sounds randomly,generally open hihat sound.I tried to calibrate the hihat but i don't know if i did it in a correct way,in addition ,i'm not sure if hihat senses all of my hits.Maybe there is an adjustment problem that i don't know.Whatever , it really annoyes me,i'm waiting for your help guys.

2-Snare is not sensitive enough.Toms are sensing my quietest strike ,but snare doesn't.Snare starts to sense as long as i hit little bit harder.If there is a some kind of adjustment of this problem,please share with me.

3-Second tom's sound is not right in the kit.When i push the tom 2 button in module, it gives me the right sound.However when i hit ,it gives me rim sound.

4-Is there supposed to be a usb cable in the box.I didn't see any of it.

Frankly ,i dont know if am judging too fast,but these problems seem too much for a brand new kit.I hope i can  figure out these problems via your help.

welshsteve

Hello and welcome (if this is your first post)
Firstly I am sorry to hear of your problems off the bat, you're quite right, a new kit should come out of the box ready to go. And the fact that this doesn't happen often (or ever from what I can remember from here) I'd wager that although the kit maybe new, it's more likely to have had the settings adjusted, say, like a demo model and had people in a shop mess with it. If that isn't the case, then it's a rare occasion where a brand new out of the box kit has issues.
The hihat problem first up, Be sure to have the latest OS installed on the module (1.30 or 1.303 available from the 2box website) So yeah, hihat problem! I have had people mention this before (not on new kit) and I cannot remember what they ascertained was the cause and solution correctly. But I am guessing it could be a cable issue, swap the hihat cable for one from another pad and see if that affects it.
As well as that go into unit-trig settings, make sure "Hhat" is set for the hihat channel. From there, set gain (max hit to show -3 db is recommended, I usually set mine to 0db at hardest hits) threshold (raise it until softest hits no longer trigger, then take back a few notches) set mask time to say 2. Up to you if you'd like to apply crosstalk, I don't. Depend on if the hihat triggers when you hit anything else.

Then do a hihat calibration.

Snare - basically follow the same guides as explained on hats. Trigger type for pad (12pad) gain, threshold, mask time (shouldn't need to do this on a 12" 2box pad) cross talk etc.

Tom - If the trig type is correct (10pad) this sounds like either a broken cable or perhaps a incorrect cable (needs to be a TRS to TRS cable i.e. with two black rings on the jack plug end) Failing that, it's a faulty wire connection on the pad Either at the jack plug or on the piezo!

USB cable - Not sure whether one comes with the kit from the box. But they're easily obtained for little money in any computer store. As USB cables tend to come in a few different varieties, ask for "USB printer cable" if in doubt.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=USB+printer+cable&gws_rd=cr&ei=fp0mWc-cMaOPgAax376oBA

Hope this helps!!
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

ANGR77

Hi!

Sorry about your first experienced problems with the 2box.

2. Do you have the rubber toms or the mesh head toms?

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

bmkrivetz

Quote from: ANGR77 on May 25, 2017, 09:07:23 AM
Hi!

Sorry about your first experienced problems with the 2box.

2. Do you have the rubber toms or the mesh head toms?

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com

Mesh heads.

bmkrivetz

Quote from: welshsteve on May 25, 2017, 09:02:24 AM
Hello and welcome (if this is your first post)
Firstly I am sorry to hear of your problems off the bat, you're quite right, a new kit should come out of the box ready to go. And the fact that this doesn't happen often (or ever from what I can remember from here) I'd wager that although the kit maybe new, it's more likely to have had the settings adjusted, say, like a demo model and had people in a shop mess with it. If that isn't the case, then it's a rare occasion where a brand new out of the box kit has issues.
The hihat problem first up, Be sure to have the latest OS installed on the module (1.30 or 1.303 available from the 2box website) So yeah, hihat problem! I have had people mention this before (not on new kit) and I cannot remember what they ascertained was the cause and solution correctly. But I am guessing it could be a cable issue, swap the hihat cable for one from another pad and see if that affects it.
As well as that go into unit-trig settings, make sure "Hhat" is set for the hihat channel. From there, set gain (max hit to show -3 db is recommended, I usually set mine to 0db at hardest hits) threshold (raise it until softest hits no longer trigger, then take back a few notches) set mask time to say 2. Up to you if you'd like to apply crosstalk, I don't. Depend on if the hihat triggers when you hit anything else.

Then do a hihat calibration.

Snare - basically follow the same guides as explained on hats. Trigger type for pad (12pad) gain, threshold, mask time (shouldn't need to do this on a 12" 2box pad) cross talk etc.

Tom - If the trig type is correct (10pad) this sounds like either a broken cable or perhaps a incorrect cable (needs to be a TRS to TRS cable i.e. with two black rings on the jack plug end) Failing that, it's a faulty wire connection on the pad Either at the jack plug or on the piezo!

USB cable - Not sure whether one comes with the kit from the box. But they're easily obtained for little money in any computer store. As USB cables tend to come in a few different varieties, ask for "USB printer cable" if in doubt.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=USB+printer+cable&gws_rd=cr&ei=fp0mWc-cMaOPgAax376oBA

Hope this helps!!

I've just have time with triggee options.When i decrease all settings (gain ,treshhold) the sound gets lower but it is still there.I just realized hhat is not even sensing my hits correctly.I will be so glad if you give me a tangible solution for this.ıf the cables are normals,of course.You said you ,ve heard this problem before.How did those solve this situation?

welshsteve

I cannot remember what they did to solve it, if they solved it at all. But random singular hits on the hihat without anything being played is something that hasn't been reported more than once in my memory of this forum.
If recall the first time it was talked about, it was suggested static was causing it. But I cannot remember, it was some time ago.
So things to try.
Hihat channel - Correct trigger type, gain, threshold (follow set up tips in manual)
Correct cable - make sure it's a TRS - TRS cable
Clean the sockets with contact switch cleaner (I use Servisol, but there should be something similar available to you)

If all these things have been eliminated, there's a fault somewhere either in the hihat pad or the module. You did say this was brand new yeah, no ex demo, not second hand (even if the previous owner had it a day and returned it) then you should have to take it back.

Don't suppose you know anyone else with this kit where you are from? You could even if you advertise HERE on the forum your location for anyone else who could help. Say by meeting up with your hihat controller and module and seeing if you can replicate the issue on his/her module, or have his hihat controller connected to on your module. You could at least isolate whether it's the module or the hihat controller that has the problem.

You could also plug the hihat controller into a different input, say the spare cymbal channel and see if it does it still. Remember that you cannot select "HHAT" has a trigger type in any other channel other than the Hihat input. But if it's the hihat controller, it should still do it on another channel.

PS it was hard to find this thread as I couldn't remember where you posted, I will post this on the general sections of the forum, see if anyone else can help.

Steve

welshsteve

Oh I forgot to say, another thing to try, it peel back the rubber of the hihat pad and look to see if all the prongs (like metal fingers) are not touching the plate. I am not saying this IS the cause but that has often been the issue for a few things for me which was easily solved.

You could also take the connection housing apart (you'll need a special tool for this as it's not a usual screwdriver tool needed) and look to see if any wires are lose.