News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Cymbal bell hot spot

Started by Gav, May 19, 2017, 09:32:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gav

Hi,

Just got my first new drumit 5.

The cymbals out  of the box on the default kit no.1 - the bell can be just lightly touched and a full volume crash comes out randomly.

It this a dud?

Thanks
Gav

Coda

What do you have for trigger settings for the cymbals?  Pay attention to the trigger type (it should be cym14 or similar) and the sensitivity number plus L/M/H for bell.

welshsteve

Also, if it's possible the rubber ring that circles the main metal part has come away (it's a pig to get back) could cause this. Check your gains for that channel, after correct trigger type (Cym14) Peel back the main rubber and check the prongs aren't bent towards the main metal part. This is what always caused crashes when I am playing bow/bell everytime.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

AndyMo

Yes, I have had various issues when the rubber ring has come adrift. It happened mid-gig last week and rendered my ride pretty useless for the first set!

Gav

The settings re cymbal type are all fine (14) out of the box.
But the slightest light touch on the bell part makes the crash sample play out at full volume whereas you have to hit it harder to get any bell sample to trigger.

I think it's a dud. Don't want to start taking it apart to look. It's brand new - just arrived - don't want to invalidate my warranty.

Thanks

welshsteve

Here's one thing that could cause it and a simple fix. Take away the top rubber cover, Look in the centre of the cymbal pad (where you mount it to the cymbal arm) and see if she the piezo has come loose. Bear in mind the piezo is a doughnut shape where the hole is the centre of the cymbal pad. Inspect all around and see if there's are gaps. If there are then the piezo has come loose. A small blob of glue in there and then pressing it back against it the top metal plate of which it should be attached would keep it back in place.

Just an idea.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!