News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2box 12" pad into a TD15 sound muting

Started by welshsteve, May 07, 2017, 07:20:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

welshsteve

Greetings.
So a few weeks back I bought a TD15 cheap and a Jobeky real feel ecymbal hihat controller. Still cost about £600 all told to experiment on something which had been bugging me, namely some latency happening on the 2box kit when using a full kit (not just triggering drums) and playing certain patterns, namely anything with syncopated ride patterns with pedal hats on 8th notes, that sorta thing.
So I thought, well if the module is struggling to deal with all this, I am one of the few that has had issues so maybe it's just luck I got an iffy module. Anyway I thought I'd try lightening its load with a second module for hats, what's the worst that could happen and I'd have a load more inputs? I also liked the look of the Jobeky hihats, one happened to come up on eBay, also TD15. (Addressed on another post)
But without going into whether this worked or not, one thing that I noticed playing a 2box pad into that Roland Module is that I find sounds MUTE sometimes, only sometimes. I was using the 12" snare pad with mylar head and then with a Remo silent stroke. Random muted sound. It was on the snare input on the Roland module then floor tom, both with same results. I have never heard anyone say about this before.

Anyone have an idea? Is there an aftertouch setting I should be turning off or something?
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!