News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Roland CY-15R with 2Box?

Started by Drumster, April 19, 2017, 12:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drumster

Can someone clue me in on how to run a CY-15r into a single one of my 3 zone 2Box cymbal channels? ..and what settings to use? That's the Roland crash/ride which normally uses 2 TRS cables into two Rpand inputs. Seems to me I read about it possibly being done with a "Y" splitter of some sort but I can't find anything specific about it now. Would appreciate advice. Thanks.

Coda

I was using the CY12R/C which is basically a smaller version of the CY15.
First you need to choose if you want bow+bell or bow+edge. For rides you would normally run the bow/bell output to the 2box cymbal input (any will do, though if this is your main ride you will connect it into cymbal 2 input on the 2box). On the trigger settings page for that input, select CyCup trigger type.
If you want to use it as a crash, plug the cable into the bow/edge output on the cymbal and select CyEdge trigger type.
As far as I know it's not possible to use the Roland cymbals as 3 way / 3 zone on the Drumit5, you have to choose.

Drumster

Quote from: Coda on April 19, 2017, 03:32:40 AM
I was using the CY12R/C which is basically a smaller version of the CY15.
First you need to choose if you want bow+bell or bow+edge. For rides you would normally run the bow/bell output to the 2box cymbal input (any will do, though if this is your main ride you will connect it into cymbal 2 input on the 2box). On the trigger settings page for that input, select CyCup trigger type.
If you want to use it as a crash, plug the cable into the bow/edge output on the cymbal and select CyEdge trigger type.
As far as I know it's not possible to use the Roland cymbals as 3 way / 3 zone on the Drumit5, you have to choose.
Cool. Thanks for the info.