News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Say hello to the Drumit 3

Started by edcito, April 03, 2017, 01:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

welshsteve

I have it on good authority a new version of the OS is being made as we speak, if it's not been written already!
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

96max5sp

Quote from: Itsme on October 13, 2017, 08:37:39 AM
I really don't get what this works with any other pad thing is all about , I've only just turned on to 2box after playing Roland kits since 2005, I gig with an A to E conversion and TD-12 , the 2 box works fine with my Roland cymbals ( of course not hi hat) but I'm ok with the stock hats, I've created a second SD card with the trigger settings for my A to E kit which works fine with the 2 box with centre mounted triggers so to use any other pads would be a step back IMO, anyone who owns anything less than a Roland kit isn't going to spend £800 or £2000 for mimic to use any other cheap pad with IMO , so all you need is what you've got , I've left out Yamaha cuz I hate those pads lol, Plus with the five you have more OUTS which is a plus for anyone gigging with Electronics , I've never really got on with any other head other than mesh anyway .👍 Just my 5 cents worth , drumit 5 is already a good and usable module I think a new software and kit upgrade would have been better , all I'm after now is the zourman hi hat box for my VH 11 😀

You don't get 3 zone compatibily with the ride and the hihat like you said isn't universal unless you get the zourman box or jman box. You also get 3 zone compatibily on all cymbal inputs if you want.  The drumit 5 is still great though and i don't think any modules from back then can hold up against the competition today like that module can.

The other thing to consider is since they are going to stop making hardware the 2box cymbals and hihat once broken that's it, you won't be able to get replacements. At least with the drumit three you  have the universal trigger interface so it's future proof if the hardware breaks.

96max5sp

So anybody hear any news?

I am assuming no otherwise someone would have posted but we are into November now and soon the weather outside will be frightful :)

edcito

According to this Swedish store they got updates from 2box saying it's coming in mid-December
https://www.trumslagaren.se/product/2box-drumit-three
Would be a nice christmas gift if true. Oh and the price has gone up to 926EUR, so I assume it's maybe financial factors the cause of the delay...

Jman

Quote from: edcito on November 02, 2017, 05:18:08 PM
According to this Swedish store they got updates from 2box saying it's coming in mid-December
Would be a nice christmas gift if true. Oh and the price has gone up to 926EUR, so I assume it's maybe financial factors the cause of the delay...
At that price it doesn't really cut it IMO. Two things originally seemed to be the focus, the module being more compatible with "other" brand pads/cymbals, and a slightly cheaper price since it will be slightly stripped down compared to the Drumit Five. I can buy the Drumit Five still new for $999 USD, cheaper than that Drumit Three price, and a used Drumit Five for even cheaper. Not that I need one. I have 2 already ..... But just sayin .....
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

96max5sp

Quote from: edcito on November 02, 2017, 05:18:08 PM

Great, now its pushed to December and more expensive. What is 2box doing? They are really shooting themselves in the foot. Oh well, i guess i shouldn't be in a rush to spend more money anyway. It, would be a nice Christmas gift but not going to hold my breath. I should either be satisfied with the 5 and get Superior Drummer 3 or move on to the Pearl Mimic Pro which obviously is a bigger company with way more support for years to come. Maybe I will see what kind of Black Friday deals come around. Even if it does finally come out i would be worried about the stability of the company and what the future holds from what i have seen thus far.

96max5sp

Quote from: Jman on November 02, 2017, 05:36:40 PM
At that price it doesn't really cut it IMO. Two things originally seemed to be the focus, the module being more compatible with "other" brand pads/cymbals, and a slightly cheaper price since it will be slightly stripped down compared to the Drumit Five. I can buy the Drumit Five still new for $999 USD, cheaper than that Drumit Three price, and a used Drumit Five for even cheaper. Not that I need one. I have 2 already ..... But just sayin .....

I think its still an ok price, but yeah, definitely not doing itself any favors. If you buy the module and want to load sounds like most 2box owners do you can almost get a Mimic for the price (i've seen discounts as low as $1649) you would have to spend on software plus the Drumit 3 module if you don't already have it and in the end you wouldn't have as many outputs, inputs, etc.

Jman

Regardless of how small the 2Box company might be I definitely don't see the Drumit Five or the Drumit Three (when it comes out) becoming obsolete any time soon. Since it does have the open architecture and can handle a huge amount of velocity layers for me it is just as good/useful as when it was released. I have a Pearl Mimic module and do enjoy it very much, but the 2Box as far as sounds is not inferior at all, that from playing side by side. In some cases I still prefer some of the instruments on the 2Box, especially some of the ones I have built myself ..... like cymbals that are just incredible .... and my gongs of course ..... then there are the Octobans I have loaded ..... love those. I believe they will come out with additional expansion packs for the Mimic and hopefully a good multi-velocity editor for adding your own samples. But it is important to be aware at present the extent of the Percussion section of the Mimic is ONE COWBELL. And it is not "Open Architecture" so it is not possible to build and import your own Multi Velocity samples ...... not yet .... have to wait and see.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

SEA

I'm picking up a Pearl E Pro kit and hope to upgrade to the Drumit 3 module or the Pearl Mimic using the Pearl Tru Trac heads.

It seems the Drumit 3 should price around 1K less than the Mimic.

Any thoughts?

welshsteve

If you are willing to spend the extra 1k, then do it, it's a far superior module. But, do you require a far superior module? That's the big question. As great it is, with an amazing touch screen interface, state of the art triggering and the full VST experience in a module, you might fine yourself wanting more in terms of sounds, which as it's gonna stand for a while to come, limited (if that's the best way to describe it) to Steven Slate 5.

So if you're more about wanting and open sound system, unlimited in what you can trigger and would prefer to keep the 1k for a great set of drums to play it with... then it's a Drumit 3/5.

That's my take on it.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

96max5sp

So the anticipated releases date last i heard was mid December. Still no word, anybody think this is going to happen or hear anything different?

Jobeky started taking pre-orders months ago,  has to be pretty frustrating for them. It would be nice if they at least communicated offically to their future customers instead of posting irrelevant content on Facebook. Just addresses the question everybody has been asking, wtf is going on with the Drumit 3?!?! Be upfront instead of letting people speculate, if you just be honest and straight forward people will understand.

Slamstick

When I bought my first 2 box module, I waited an unbelievable 9 months. Like having a baby only with trigger cables, lol. The lack of communication to the dealer from Hoshino  was really the culprit, but honestly the dealer wasnt any  better. Towards the end when I showed my frustration, not like a lunatic, but lets just say as a concerned citizen, the dealer would roll their eyes when I walked in , and put me on hold when I called.  So, I am not shocked. I do remember the pain, It is also sad to see that the customer service still isnt there! I was looking at the 3 , but having already owned and.finally sold, 2 drummit 5 modules, I couldnt see the big draw for the 3, so I just bought an open box Drummit 5 for a great price.  I have the hi hat conversion already, some drum triggers and the cymbal triggers  . So what would I be waiting for, a couple of less inputs? The mimic is the ultimate goal but for what I paid for the 2box, I have a lot of extra money for  other things in my life like Christmas, lol. P.S. I would really like to see Yamaha or somebody else buy 2 Box and develop it to be one of the baddest Edrum manufacturers out there. I am sure they could get the pads and hi hat right and would love to see a drummit 6 give The Mimic a run for its money. They would really have to don their big boy pants for that challenge.

96max5sp

Saw this just posted on the 2box facebook page, had to use the translate but this is what they said in reply to someone:

"Manuel Scheurer we're sorry that we had to postpone the appointment again... last minute a few things were changed and new features added.
Production is running, and it won't be long. I promise!"

We shall see....

edcito

From 2box Germany  facebook:
„Zum Wochenende eine gute Nachricht für alle, die auf das DrumIt Three warten.
Die Produktion läuft und wir werden im Januar die ersten Module an die Händler ausliefern.
Es tut uns leid, dass wir die Markteinführung so oft verschoben haben. Da wir „Last Minute“ noch ein paar Features eingebaut haben, konnten wir die angekündigten Termine leider nicht einhalten. Nun ist aber Schluss mit Warten!
Danke an Euch alle für Eure Geduld.
2BOX Team Deutschland“

Someone else translate, I’m too lazy

ANGR77

Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com