News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Say hello to the Drumit 3

Started by edcito, April 03, 2017, 01:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puttenvr

All fine speculations about what will be released and when
I don.t believe we will ever be able to import 3rd party/commercial available vst libraries since the companies just won.t allow us
They prefer to sell
So, just like with 2box we need software to convert those sounds ourselves and use them illegal
We have seen how many drummers do and use that
Not many

Chrisk

Quote from: ANGR77 on July 06, 2017, 05:53:35 AM
Hi!

But still...to hardcode a VST (even the sounds) into a hardware is very limited compared to what I have today in 2box.

After seen a reply regarding the "Mimic editor" on vdrums.com (from what I believe is the best part of the Mimic...Mr Boo), my feeling is the editor is not even on the drawing board. I think you need to double your estimated time when it will be launched. But again, my speculations...and what do I know.

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com

Still don't understand about hardcode a VST (even the sounds) into a hardware is very limited, if you are talking to imports a real vst with multilayers and sdse, I agree, it will be not 100% same as built in vst with all feature things etc.

Mr.b is the soft designer of ssd vst and trigger (which include mult editor). mimic is designed similar like their vst with all option but created and optimized for a module to run fast without crash\ interruption\drop out\bad latency etc. like with midi computer, with newer library inside, 24bits internal sound default, 40gb in raw< 20gb looseness) for 123 instruments,  using 9 to 12 round robin for higher velocity and 6 round robin for the lowest, no real limitation here, unless the library would be 4gb with multichannel, this would be evident as downgrade.

The editor he stated himself 2 month ago, was started, and I asked slate team about it lately, direct from the team and developer. 

edcito

Now they say that the mimic pro will be able to import your own wav files into it, that would crush the drumit 3 and the drumit 5 for all that matters...
Specially if it's released in Europe soon... which I doubt it....

welshsteve

I wouldn't say "crush" one is £2200 or so and the drumit3/5is still £700. While one definitely is a more advanced module, the other sits well within the price bracket of the average musician.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

waynec42

Quote from: edtc on April 03, 2017, 07:35:17 PM
hey , mr LOPER ... any info about price and availability ..?   

Is the headphone out usable as OUT 5+6 ?

So does no-one know the answer to this? I'd like to know too. I big step backwards with less outputs.

edcito

The Drumit Five has dissapeared from thomann and drum-tec so I think the drumit3 will arrive in the next couple of days or next week :D

Pret

Not so fast unfortunate...
I corresponded with 2box regarding something that also was related to 3 functionality, and they mentioned the 3 will be available later this autumn...
Sounds like another 2-3 months

Few weeks ago asked Thomann also about any expectations of 3 availability, was told they do not have any realistic assessments on that..

JRage

Quote from: edcito on August 15, 2017, 05:45:17 PM
The Drumit Five has dissapeared from thomann and drum-tec so I think the drumit3 will arrive in the next couple of days or next week :D
Thomann? For which country has Drumit Five dissapeared?
In thomann.de there is still full offer for 2box (except for the single module):
https://www.thomann.de/intl/lv/2box_electronic_drums.html

Posted by some mistake.

Murgen

--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

edcito

Triggers? who cares about them triggers? only the 2 2box endorsers ;D
I’m talking about the module itself.....
And thomann is german, no matter if you are in Finland....

welshsteve

If you want a new module, email then and see if they can split. Or failing that, buy the bundle and sell off the triggers. I am sure you'll have no problem shifting them on eBay.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Pret

Asked them few weeks back about new module availability, the answer was negative, not available any more.
As about triggers (I mean pads), after trying out Roland pads with DrumIt 5 and realizing that hot spotting is really disturbing to my ears, going to pick new 2box pads for toms and stay with them for a time being...until in some future the opportunity will arise to convert to a real a2e kit...
Luckily 2box tom pads are still available from Thomann...

edcito

Quote from: welshsteve on August 19, 2017, 07:42:45 AM
If you want a new module, email then and see if they can split. Or failing that, buy the bundle and sell off the triggers. I am sure you'll have no problem shifting them on eBay.
No, I was just saying the drumit 5 module is gone, really, now gone from thomann. I wait for the little brother 3

Murgen

Quote from: edcito on August 21, 2017, 12:14:29 PM
No, I was just saying the drumit 5 module is gone, really, now gone from thomann. I wait for the little brother 3

Confirmed ... it is no longer for sale. Bax still says it can be delivered but I do know they process 2box stock indication on a manual basis ... probably gone too
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

96max5sp

Looks like 2box drumit 3 is getting close to being released :)

https://www.facebook.com/2BoxDrums/

Anybody know if the 2box Hihat will work with the Drumit 3? I would think it should be not sure if the technologies are compatible with the universal input it will have now.