News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Say hello to the Drumit 3

Started by edcito, April 03, 2017, 01:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puttenvr

Quote from: welshsteve on April 10, 2017, 09:08:52 AM
no one has taken a video of it (Drumit3) in action.

Perhaps the guys from Drum-Tec made a video with their pads
Watch their youtube channel in the next weeks

welshsteve

Some new pics of it in action on the 2box drums Facebook page!
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

fabiocunha

Quote from: edtc on April 10, 2017, 09:16:23 AM
any idea of release date ?  price ?

I just received a response from 2box:

Hi Fabio,
The DrumIt Three will be avaibale end of Summer.
I don't know the US price yet. The Euro price will be approx. 799,- â,¬
Best
2BOX Team

edcito

welshsteve

The Roland VH-12 looks like it works great! Same for the cymbal trigger. I wished they demo'd the 3-zone snare though and shame about the audio clipping!

Chrisk

Quote from: welshsteve on April 10, 2017, 07:33:00 PM
The Roland VH-12 looks like it works great! Same for the cymbal trigger. I wished they demo'd the 3-zone snare though and shame about the audio clipping!

The ride bell it's either the sensitivity or something wrong, too much loud!

welshsteve

I didn't think so, but yeah I have no doubt that can be adjusted!

ANGR77

It is a Vh-13 on the video. (Not a vh-12)

If i remember it right...the sensivity on the Bell can be adjusted.

Best Regards

Anders / www.zouman.com / Great hi-hat conversions 2box
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

welshsteve

Ooops, my bad. The difference being the finish and the diameter, or is there more to it than that?

Pascaldc

Really clever from 2boz to make their module unirversal as the module is great but their hardware not that goos IMHO

edtc

after 10 years spent working on the 2BOX module , Benght still dont know how many trigger input it has ... ;)

ANGR77

Hi! The Vh-13 has the same diameter as the vh-12. And as vh-11...

Owning all Roland hi-hats I would say that the vh-13 is more sensitive and have a better feeling. The impedance range is completely changed making it easier to handle. It is more inline with vh-11 and it's settings.

Watching the video with Bengt...I think he got unsure when a camera is apointed to his face and because he is probably mixing it up and is thinking of other future 2box products.  :-)

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com / great hi-hat conversion modules for 2box

Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

welshsteve

I used to work in Music Instrument stores for 10 years, and it frustrates me when I see a product like this sold IMHO so badly as this video. Uuurgh, it's like come on, show PASSION man!
For example "How many inputs, and what's the latency" The response should have been (and this is just my option)
"Well, it's got 10 inputs which will be pre configured for kick, snare, 4 toms, 3 cymbals. Snare to toms are dual zone, so you can split this two give you two single zone for say extra toms, because they don't have to be set like that. In fact, all of the inputs can be configured to be different style inputs. For example if you're using acoustic cymbals or have another module, they can all drum pads. But not all inputs can be configured to be ANY, there's so limits, but you can change from the pre-configuration. So it's very flexible. Furthermore with this module over the drumit5, To get superior sound quality of the module but keeping your existing pad set, say Yamaha, Roland etc, which used a different system of triggering than we do with our existing pads, we have made it so it can accommodate almost all other major brands (he did say this, but I didn't think he SOLD it personally) and not have to do it via midi and that manufactures module.
Latency is up there with hi performance VST and Computer sets ups, but without the need of a Laptop by the side of your kit live. A major advantage of this is kit switching times, loading up a new kit on Ez drummer for example takes a lot longer. Add the fact that this kit can play ANY sound, loops, song backing tracks, no find the sound, it'll play it, MULTI sample over 128 velocities if you should wish, makes this module incomparable to others and for less than euros 800. I think it melds the sound of even the more professional and top end modules in a very humble price bracket!"

That's what I would have said to that question. And I know no more about this module than anyone else, especially one of the owners! I am not being nasty though, Bengt is a lovely guy and has helped me a number of times with somethings in the past!

mistery

Quote from: welshsteve on April 11, 2017, 07:43:53 AM
"Well, it's got 10 inputs ..."

To be honest, I usually puke after hearing something like that. Can't stand the "salesman-talk", sorry.

edcito

Quote from: welshsteve on April 11, 2017, 07:43:53 AM
I used to work in Music Instrument stores for 10 years, and it frustrates me when I see a product like this sold IMHO so badly as this video. Uuurgh, it's like come on, show PASSION man!
For example "How many inputs, and what's the latency" The response should have been (and this is just my option)
"Well, it's got 10 inputs which will be pre configured for kick, snare, 4 toms, 3 cymbals. Snare to toms are dual zone, so you can split this two give you two single zone for say extra toms, because they don't have to be set like that. In fact, all of the inputs can be configured to be different style inputs. For example if you're using acoustic cymbals or have another module, they can all drum pads. But not all inputs can be configured to be ANY, there's so limits, but you can change from the pre-configuration. So it's very flexible. Furthermore with this module over the drumit5, To get superior sound quality of the module but keeping your existing pad set, say Yamaha, Roland etc, which used a different system of triggering than we do with our existing pads, we have made it so it can accommodate almost all other major brands (he did say this, but I didn't think he SOLD it personally) and not have to do it via midi and that manufactures module.
Latency is up there with hi performance VST and Computer sets ups, but without the need of a Laptop by the side of your kit live. A major advantage of this is kit switching times, loading up a new kit on Ez drummer for example takes a lot longer. Add the fact that this kit can play ANY sound, loops, song backing tracks, no find the sound, it'll play it, MULTI sample over 128 velocities if you should wish, makes this module incomparable to others and for less than euros 800. I think it melds the sound of even the more professional and top end modules in a very humble price bracket!"

That's what I would have said to that question. And I know no more about this module than anyone else, especially one of the owners! I am not being nasty though, Bengt is a lovely guy and has helped me a number of times with somethings in the past!

Well, I dare you to say all that in a foreign language, like german :-)
You were a good salesman then, now when I go to my local music shop I'm lucky if I can find someone who can get the part I want from the warehouse because the drums showrrom isin the 5th floor and the warehouse is in the basement so yeah, god forbid they take the lift to go down there for a 300 roland cymbal... and then you see all mesh kick pads ravaged by the felt beater and I always cry haha