News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Snare trigger options

Started by Coda, March 30, 2017, 03:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coda

I'm looking for a decent snare side mount trigger to go in my 12" converted tom with 2ply Roland (Remo) mesh.

The last couple of years I've rebuilt my DIY trigger several hundred times (not really that many), and while its got better and more usable I think it could be a lot better. So my options seem to be a trigger from Jman now he's started building them, and I hear the Triggera one is splendid. Either of those triggers will take a long time to get to me, and also will get held up in customs hell coming into the EU. I don't want to pay 2x in fees for one trigger, purely on principle.

Anyway, I heard that Thomann became a distributor for Triggera and although I found the kick and e-cymbals, I didn't find the Intrig. I did find this though: https://www.thomann.de/intl/ddt_in_shell_trigger_snare_tom.htm. Has anyone got experience with DDT triggers, specifically this side-mounted one? I can't find pictures anywhere on the net. Drum-tec don't have it either.

welshsteve

Intrigs are great. But no better than Trigit ones to be honest. They don't have as much gain so you have to pump the gain up a little but yeah, worked great.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Coda

Quote from: welshsteve on March 30, 2017, 03:41:14 PM
Intrigs are great. But no better than Trigit ones to be honest. They don't have as much gain so you have to pump the gain up a little but yeah, worked great.

Thanks for the comment. I will not pay EU, CZ, and Postal taxes on the Intrig after my experience buying the Krigg (The company and the boss, Vukan) are great, but I ended up paying almost double and waited for weeks while the trigger was sitting in the customs house in Prague. I won't do that again. Shame that I can't find Intrig on Thomann, otherwise I'd get one immediately.

Or I can ask Jman send a trigger to one of my colleages in Arizona before they come over here.

Or I can build yet another trigger.

edcito

I still have one trigger of the now extinct Wronka Drums in Germany, new, never used it, if you are interested... it's the "easy trigger" described here http://www.v-drumtips.com/wronka-easytrigger/

StudioG4

I didn't realise that Wronka is out of business. Does anyone have any information why and if he still supports his triggers? They are a great product.
Tony G

edcito

Quote from: StudioG4 on April 03, 2017, 02:35:37 PM
I didn't realise that Wronka is out of business. Does anyone have any information why and if he still supports his triggers? They are a great product.
Tony G
Well he mentioned in the german drummer forum that due to "personal reasons", so that's that. I agree, great products made him well known.

Coda

Quote from: edcito on April 03, 2017, 02:29:23 PM
I still have one trigger of the now extinct Wronka Drums in Germany, new, never used it, if you are interested... it's the "easy trigger" described here http://www.v-drumtips.com/wronka-easytrigger/
I'll send you a PM, thanks.