News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Cannot export to dsnd

Started by bertbertbert, March 05, 2017, 09:01:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bertbertbert

Hi,
Question: I use SDSE to export kits from Addictive Drums and BFD3 to dsnd files and it works like a charm in standard software settings. But... when i specify the keymap "Drumit 5" in the VST and then choose "Export", SDSE will only render and convert tot WAV files.
The map SDSE sounds is made automatically and also the map-structure of snare, cymbals etc is there but there are no dsnd files in the maps. In de root there are only all WAV files.
Clicking on "render" or "convert" has no effect.
Is this a regular problem or do you leave the keymap on the VST standard? (that works well too, by the way, but i'm curious if there' s a difference when i choose the Drumit 5 keymap...)

ANGR77

I have never actually set the key map in the VST when exporting. (E.g...just run the default in your VST )

If you think about it...for SDSE to be able to get the right samples from your VST...it has nothing to do with 2box key map in this stage.

It is not until the final stage when SDSE is saving the complete drum 2box drum set (dkit), when the key map is set for 2box. (And SDSE already know the map)

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com / Premium Roland hi-hat conversion modules for 2box
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Lustar

Absolutely, it is not necessary to change the key map in the supported VSTs, SDSE will use the map that's set in the project or load it when needed.

bertbertbert

Aha, thanks very much! I didn't know that SDSE does it for me. What a wonderful piece of software it is!
My only problem is the zone-sections of the ride (not much difference between bow and edge and much too loud) and thought the correct keymap could make it better, but that has nothing to do with that then.
I think I have to experiment with the editor, but that cannot be used anymore becouse of the sd card mod. Or would there be a workaround for make the editor work when placed the sd card directly in the pc?

ANGR77

You can of course take your 32GB card and read/modify it directly in your PC/MACs SD slot. (Running the editor)

The 4GB limit remains with the USB 1.1 implementation in 2box and the possibility to address more than 4GB over USB midi. The card or even the 2Box unit can handle up 32 GB.

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com / premium Roland hi-hat conversion modules for 2box.
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Lustar

It's not possible to adjust the volume of the zones with the 2box Editor or Dkit Manager but DsoundTool can be used to adjust the volume of the .dsnd:
- open DsoundTool, open a .dsnd
- adjust the volume sliders for the different zones
- save with a different filename
Adjusting the volume modifies the .wav samples so always keep a backup of your original file until you're sure that you won't adjust it any more.

Make sure to use the latest version of SDSE, the relative volume of the zones should be the same as in the VST.

bertbertbert

Okay, thanks very much Lustar and ANGR77. I appreciate your help and i'll give it a try with the dsoundtool!