News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

SDSE error when trying to convert wavs

Started by sn47som, February 14, 2017, 03:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sn47som

Hey guys I'm getting an error- unsupported format, needs to be in 44k 16 bit, when trying to convert wav files to dsnd using sdse with the new Navene Koperweis pack.

Lustar

It's possible that the wav files have more than 2 channels, if that's the case I would just use Reaper to convert the wav to stereo first:

Convert wav files to 44.1/stereo
- make a copy of your original wav folders and work on the copy
- open Reaper, click File > Batch Item Converter
- add all the wav files from the new folders
- keep destination as "source", it will overwrite the wav files (so you'll keep the folder structure)
- select 44.1, channels: stereo, 16-bit

Convert in batch to dsnd
- copy the new folders in the "SDSE Sounds" folder
- if the wav instruments have more than one zone rename the folders with region names as used by SDSE: "SDSE Sounds\[REGION] - [NAME]\" "SDSE Sounds\SNARE1 - Jazz Snare\", "SDSE Sounds\SNARE1 RIM - Jazz Snare\"
- open SDSE, click Convert.

sn47som

Quote from: Lustar on February 14, 2017, 11:10:32 AM
It's possible that the wav files have more than 2 channels, if that's the case I would just use Reaper to convert the wav to stereo first:

Convert wav files to 44.1/stereo
- make a copy of your original wav folders and work on the copy
- open Reaper, click File > Batch Item Converter
- add all the wav files from the new folders
- keep destination as "source", it will overwrite the wav files (so you'll keep the folder structure)
- select 44.1, channels: stereo, 16-bit

Convert in batch to dsnd
- copy the new folders in the "SDSE Sounds" folder
- if the wav instruments have more than one zone rename the folders with region names as used by SDSE: "SDSE Sounds\[REGION] - [NAME]\" "SDSE Sounds\SNARE1 - Jazz Snare\", "SDSE Sounds\SNARE1 RIM - Jazz Snare\"
- open SDSE, click Convert.

Thanks so much, I tried this and Im still getting the same error. I used 44.1, stereo, 24 bit pcm and source for the destination.

Lustar

It looks like the current version of Reaper doesn't overwrite the files when the destination is set to "source" so the folder probably contained both versions. It should work by selecting a different folder for the destination.