News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

I have a midi question

Started by newmod, January 31, 2017, 09:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newmod

I hooked my 2box module to Logic Pro. The problem I'm having is the midi notes on 2box are a half step higher than Logic. Example: Bass Drum is C2 on 2Box and in Logic it is C1. Has anyone have experience with midi with Logic?

welshsteve

So you're using The kit only to record, you're not using the module as a sound source?
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

newmod

I am doing both. The sounds inside Logic sound really good, Plus I have a lot more editing options using midi.

welshsteve

Then you have to go through each channel of the kit and match the midi notes. It won't take long. However getting the hihat to trigger logic properly is a ball ache. I never managed to do it. The same goes for cymbal chokes.

newmod

Thanks welshsteve, Yes for some reason I keep hitting a dead end with the hiHat. When I remap, it seems to start sharing notes for other instruments. Thats why I'm thinking of going to a Roland TD for midi use. From what I read its plug and play. Also in Logic Pro there is a V-drum setting. I wish there was a way to implement the 2Box that way. The drums that do work midi with 2box has no noticeable latency.

Jman

There are a few threads on mapping. Not sure if it will help but here is one: http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,1250.msg12710.html#msg12710
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

welshsteve

I'm sure it can be done but it would have to be a mapping within logic and not the drumit5. Maybe someone else can help with this.

newmod

I actually figured it out. I Remapped the HiHat and Ride Cymbal first and then the rest of the drums. It was a pain. The only thing I can't do at the moment is mute the cymbals.

Is there a setting in the module, that when you hit the cymbal, then hit it again, it stops the first hit from ringing out? That would be a way to mute.

edtc

Quote from: newmod on February 05, 2017, 10:35:04 PM

Is there a setting in the module, that when you hit the cymbal, then hit it again, it stops the first hit from ringing out? That would be a way to mute.

Cymbals have 3 consecutive notes for triggering the bow/edge/bell sounds , the next midi note is for muting

edtc

newmod

Thanks EDTC, Does this apply to midi into Logic? The cymbals mute when I'm not using Midi.

edtc

i dont know , i dont use logic ...