News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

682 drum heads

Started by widdlywiddly, January 11, 2017, 10:16:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

widdlywiddly

Has anyone bought 682 drum heads recently? I'm wondering if there's still a difference between white and black versions in rebound etc, as all the chats on the subject are from around 2014. (other head recommendations welcomed!)

sn47som

I have been using 682 black mesh for almost a year now. They are durable and hold up well but they just dont feel good! They feel way too thin and are toooooo bouncy!! I am in process of upgrading my whole kit to the new roland power ply 2plys they have out now. They are pricey but worth it. I have been using one on my snare for the past 3 months and like it a lot! The rolands feel way better, a lot more natural. just buy a set of rolands and be done with it!

mcrackins

I've had mine for 2 years. They are very durable but were horrendous to get on "they've fixed this issue" the made the first batch slightly too small and were a real bitch to get on. They are very inexpensive and the shipping was crazy fast.

I'd be interested in the Roland heads...will have to scope those out thanks.

widdlywiddly

Thanks! It's a tricky one when even in the DigitalDrummer write-ups the rebound time doesn't necessarily tie-in with the comments about rebound realism. I might try a Roland for the snare and something else for the toms. Just looking for an upgrade over the standard 2box mesh so it's not quite so far removed from the feel of a real snare.

sn47som

where im at now is the roland 2ply feels and plays well but I still want to try a 3 ply for realism/feel of a snare. drum tec makes a nice one i hear. ill probably try a 3 ply on the toms too to see what feels better.