News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

midi to usb question

Started by newmod, January 01, 2017, 01:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newmod

Happy New year to you all. Hope you all have been enjoying the holidays with family and friends.
Can I go out of 2box midi to usb to MacBook Pro to operate drums in Logic Pro x?

Jman

Quote from: newmod on January 01, 2017, 01:24:52 PM
Happy New year to you all. Hope you all have been enjoying the holidays with family and friends.
Can I go out of 2box midi to usb to MacBook Pro to operate drums in Logic Pro x?
To be clear, the USB port of the 2Box module does not transmit or receive MIDI. That port is only for connecting the 2Box to the computer for adding/removing files and editting the module via software. You would need to use the 2Box MIDI port/ports and a soundcard with MIDI input. Or a MIDI to USB cable: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/UMOneMk2?utm_source=MSN&utm_medium=PPC&utm_campaign=none&utm_term=Brandroland&creative=9338692682&device=c
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

newmod

Thanks JMan, I have a midi to usb cable. Will it work with Logic Pro X? I was wondering if there were anyone here that has done it? Also how do I set up the module and and the computer for midi?

JRage

Quote from: newmod on January 02, 2017, 12:39:44 PM
Thanks JMan, I have a midi to usb cable. Will it work with Logic Pro X? I was wondering if there were anyone here that has done it?
Yes, I've done that using Roland UM1 midi/USB interface.
Quote from: newmod on January 02, 2017, 12:39:44 PM
Also how do I set up the module and and the computer for midi?
AFAIR it was just plug-n-play. When you connect cable to module midi out/midi in sockets and the usb interface to your Mac, you should see it in you Utilities -> Audio Midi Setup / Window / Show Midi Studio, where you can test connection making loop. Logic Pro AFAIK should detect it when you launch it next time. The rest is mapping the midi notes, but you can try to search other post for this, I remember changing some of them for hihat mapping.
Posted by some mistake.