News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

unison triggering ride cymbal and floor tom :(

Started by grohl, December 29, 2016, 12:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grohl

Ηι my diy with inputs trigger's play nice with 2box module and 682 2-ply mesh but when they hit the  floor tom and simultaneously plays and ride cymbal  :( what settings to choose?anyone?What should I do?tom1 and tom 2 not have problems...gain?thrsld?mask? ouf  :-[

Lustar

Hi, it looks like the vibrations of the floor tom are triggering the ride. Try the xtalk (crosstalk) setting for the floor tom: if it's set to Off try Low, then a higher setting if needed. If it still happens with xtalk set to High try to minimize the vibrations between the floor tom and the ride.

grohl

the problem it's solved...
ride cymbals xtalk high and end!!!

sn47som

the xtalk function is a great tool but it comes at the cost of losing precise triggering. The higher you set xtalk the less precise and sensitive the triggering becomes which decreases playability. Put xtalk to as low a setting as you can while maintaining nox talk. My pads are all set to low. There are 3 things that attribute to xtalk- type of heads, samples used and the volume you are playing at.

edtc

Xtalk could be used , but only  after you have optimized the mechanical insulation of the pads and cymbals from your rack ... 

Try to attach your cymbals rackclamp away from the faulty tom clamp ...

Adding a rackpipe like you did for the left cymbal could help a lot IMO ...

Also if you DIY the triggers , it s a good thing to decouple the trigger attachement from the  shell .. with foam or rubber gasket or anything .. you ll also get better rim/head  separation ...