News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Question about getting dsnd's from BFD3

Started by ddrummer68, December 26, 2016, 06:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddrummer68

When using BFD3 with SDSE, has anyone else run into the problem of some DSNDs being silent?  For example, I start with the first Preset kit, which should be Mardi Gras sparkle, with Tama snare.  I can preview all sounds, and the grooves sound OK.  When I press Export in SDSE, the Bass Drum comes out OK, but the snare, hi-hat, & Ride will be silent.

The MIDI log reveals that MIDI notes are being sent, which don't correspond to instruments in the preset.  I've tried changing the MIDI map to 2Box Drumit Five, the BFD3 mapping, and also to the one that loads with the preset.  But I can never get all the sounds in the kit to come out.  I don't see anything in the SDSE options that allow me to tinker with these options.  I'm clearly not an expert in BFD, having only just bought it a couple of days ago for the sole purpose of getting those sounds onto my 2box.

I'd appreciate a pointer to any information that will help me get to the root of this problem.  I'll keep troubleshooting as well, and will post the solution here, if I'm able to figure out what I'm doing wrong.  Thanks!

Lustar

It must be the Key button in BFD3:

It's important to keep Key disabled when loading presets, to avoid replacing the SDSE mapping that's included in the Reaper project. When closing Reaper always click "no" when it asks if the project should be saved. If you suspect that the project may have been modified I would reinstall SDSE to make sure. If it doesn't work after that please send me a PM and I'll take a look!