News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Alternates to 2box cymbals

Started by Ryanbell44, November 22, 2016, 07:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryanbell44

Had a bit of a search but couldn't find anything.
Are there any cymbals I can get that will work with 2box whilst miles ping all 3 zones?
I like Roland cymbals but I know I'd have to sacrifice one of the zones and I don't want that so what are the alternatives?

ANGR77

Hi!

There was not any reply on this post...so I am guessing we need to jump in. I think actually that Jman has some working 3 zone cymbals to offer.

The tricky part with the 2box cymbals is that the bell is determined by the velocity of a hit. The piezo is located very near the bell...so it is easy to see the difference in amplitude and generate a bow or bell sound based on this. It is actually possible generate a bell sound on the 2box Ride if hitting the bow very hard. So the 2box cymbal has only one piezo and a switch to generate three zones.

Most 3 zone Roland's are using a switch for the bell. The CY-13R and 15R are switch/piezo/switch type.

If connecting a Roland to 2Box on the edge/bow channel...it is actually able to determine 3 zones...but the cymbal is a bit too hot...and the bell hits are a bit hazardous...but it works in theory but is not really too good and useful in reality.

Best regards

Anders

Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com