News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Do the used trigger types and mesh head types influence the sound from 2Box?

Started by mvdput, November 11, 2016, 03:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mvdput

Hi there,

I did a conversion from Acoustic to Electric kit with a 2Box module and 2Box Trigit external triggers on Remo Silent Stroke mesh heads.

I wonder if the trigger types and mesh heads used, make a difference in the sound (like quality, velocity, depth etc.) that is triggered in the 2Box?

geo

Quality? No - the sample doesn't change, it gets played as is. How it gets played is definitely affected by the triggers and heads. The greatest effect is going to come from how you set them up (tension, trigger contact, module settings, etc.). Users have posted their experience with third party heads and triggers, so have a read through their posts for ideas on how to address any issues.

hemiboy

If spending a couple of dollars is ok, it might be worth the experiment to try a different external trigger , like one from Jman, Stealth drums.com, made specifically for 2 box, and maybe a different head like Roland, 682 drums, etc. After all  these are subjective choices based on your experience and  what you like and need.

mvdput

Quote from: hemiboy on November 13, 2016, 05:33:02 PM
If spending a couple of dollars is ok, it might be worth the experiment to try a different external trigger , like one from Jman, Stealth drums.com, made specifically for 2 box, and maybe a different head like Roland, 682 drums, etc. After all  these are subjective choices based on your experience and  what you like and need.

It is not that I am not happy with my current setup, but curious if there are better setups or what the "ultimate" setup should be so I might reconsider a hardware upgrade.
Instead of just spending dollars and trying everything myself, we have a forum to ask fellow 2Box users about their experience ;)

hemiboy

Understood. I have tried the Roland, Billy Blast, Pintech, 682 drums white and  black( the white and black heads are completely different, not just the color) Remo silenstroke, Z-ed triple x and pearl  and I personally liked the z-ed, but that was me. As far as my post that was only a suggestion, and I meant to offer help to a fellow member only. I have had many fellow members here and vdrum forum that liked some of the other choices of heads.  The decision of what  to go with is a personal choice at the end of the day