News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

How sensitive is a Jobeky snare/bass drum/e-drum kit?

Started by stickcharmer, November 01, 2016, 01:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stickcharmer

I've read the forum and most people like this product but it also appears that people say these drums trigger hot at center due to the center mounted trigger. Im looking to upgrade my setup and am interested in peoples feedback, especially with the new 2box update. Id be ordering from the US, so any help is appreciated.

makoki

I've got a full Jobeky kit, and the hotspot issue is in, but not more than standard Roland mesh pads (that I owned before).

While I enjoyed the positional sensing on my old Roland TD12, there is no really a need for the center sensor to be mounted there.

I use to set strong mesh tension to improve, but lately I decide to add a second DIY trigger close to the edge, virtually eliminating the effect. I have kept the center one just in case of future PS from another module, but disconnecting the leads and connecting the edge sensor ones.

I think another trick could be to use 3 ply mesh, as the stronger the mesh, less bounce. You can order 3ply just on snare, as the effect is less noticeable on toms (at least to my ears..)

Hope this will help. Greetings from the sunny Spain..!

welshsteve

Quote from: stickcharmer on November 01, 2016, 01:51:45 PM
I've read the forum and most people like this product but it also appears that people say these drums trigger hot at center due to the center mounted trigger. Im looking to upgrade my setup and am interested in peoples feedback, especially with the new 2box update. Id be ordering from the US, so any help is appreciated.
What new 2box update do you mean?
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

stickcharmer

welshsteve

Oh I see, well I know Andy Edwards (top UK drummer) used a Jobeky kit with the 2box module instead of the 2box pads so I am sure they'll be fine otherwise he'd use the 2box pads.
Personally I haven't tried so cannot comment. I know other use centre mounted triggering without issue.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Ryanbell44

I just got a jobeky snare me as they were making it they rang to ask what kind of module I had.
When I said 2box they mounted the sensor to the side and I works perfectly.
If you do order be sure to add in the notes it's for a 2box.
I've also go one of there real feel cymbals and I genuinely love it lol
Getting 2 more next payday.
Just a pitty about the stupid hi-hat, what should be reasonably cheap becomes expensive when you have to buy and 42box conversion box so I'm gonna be keeping hold of the 2box hi hat as I can't justify spending £250 plus on a hi hat that should cost £116.