News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Best snare/mesh head combo to reduce double triggering?

Started by stickcharmer, October 24, 2016, 01:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stickcharmer

Hey guys, I have a dilemma. I have a Hart Dynamics metal snare drum with Remo mesh drum head, magnum I think. Anyway, no matter what tension I put on it, it double triggers. I dont want to lose the sensitivity by changing settings in the 2box. Any good combos out there? Thanks!

AndyMo

Hi,

I use a Jobeky snare drum with their stock (2-ply) mesh head. I don't have any double triggering issues.

Jobeky now sell a 3-ply version.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Andy

StudioG4

Hello, I have the same combination and have found that if you use a Remo muffle ring (and tray) under the head, your issue will be gone.

Good luck. Tony G

sn47som

Guys how are the Jobeky 2 and 3 ply mesh heads and the Remo mesh heads? How do they compare to the Roland mesh heads as thats what I have tried in the past. I am looking for some new mesh heads that feel great. Any input much appreciated.

sn47som

Hey guys, what are the best mesh heads that fit the 2box pads? Jobeky? Remo? Roland? I am running the 682s but they pretty much suck. I thought they may break in a little after some time and feel a little better but they dont. They are too stiff and synthetic feeling.

stickcharmer

Quote from: StudioG4 on October 24, 2016, 03:54:08 PM
Hello, I have the same combination and have found that if you use a Remo muffle ring (and tray) under the head, your issue will be gone. Good luck. Tony G

I've used the remo ring. Didn't like how loud it made the mesh head. It was strange. It sounded like the head was slapping against the plastic.

Are there certain snares/snare sizes that are better?

AndyMo

The Jobeky mesh heads (2-ply, although I have a 3-ply to try too) work well for me. I tension them to suit my style and I don't have any triggering issues with my 2box.

I have used Roland mesh heads too (on Roland drums/modules) - with similar feel and results; perhaps more 'springy' but these were on small diameter Roland pads and I didn't adjust the tension particularly.

I haven't used Remo mesh heads - but I think I read elsewhere that they are single ply and feel quite different ('bouncy').

Andy