News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Mesh Head Suggestions

Started by sn47som, October 10, 2016, 01:07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sn47som

Hey guys, Im looking for some really responsive and very natural feeling mesh heads for my kit. I have the 682 mesh which are 2 ply and they are less than desirable. They are a good upgrade from the stock rubber but aren't great. They virtually have no rebound even when really tightened up! Goes to show these aren't great. I need mesh heads that feel great and have good rebound. Any ideas or experience with other brands? If there really aren't other brands out there I guess I can try the factory mesh. Are those 1 ply?

ANGR77

Hi!

I like the remo silent stroke. 1 ply. Most drummers are considering to be too "jumpy"...but in my case I think they are just perfect.

I have another kit with Drum-tec Pro...and I think they are a bit more heavyer to play with and less jumpy.

Best Regards

Angr77 / Zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

sn47som

Quote from: ANGR77 on October 10, 2016, 06:04:07 PM
Hi!

I like the remo silent stroke. 1 ply. Most drummers are considering to be too "jumpy"...but in my case I think they are just perfect.

I have another kit with Drum-tec Pro...and I think they are a bit more heavyer to play with and less jumpy.

Best Regards

Angr77 / Zourman.com

Thanks for responding! So you use silent strokes on your 2box pads? Do they feel good? natural? consistent triggering?

ANGR77

Hi! Sorry. No i did not realize that you played 2box pads. I am playing on a A2E converted kit from Sonor with Quartz triggers.

Best regards

Angr 77 / Zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

hemiboy

I HAVE OWNED A LOT OF THE MESH HEADS OUT THERE AND HAVE PLAYED THEM ON BOTH E KITS  AND ON AN A TO E CONVERSION. MY FAVORITE WAS 682 DRUMS BLACK MESHES, AND HAVE BEEN TOLD THEY ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FEELING AND PLAYING THAN THE 682 WHITE MESHES. I HAVE ALSO PLAYED BOTH HARTS, ROLAND, REMO, PINTECH, PEARL, BILLY BLASTS, AND MY MOST RECENT,ZED TRIPLES. THEY ARE ALL DIFFERENT BUT I REALIZE NOW THAT I WAS MAKING A BIG DEAL ABOUT GETTING THE "PERFECT HEAD" AND NOW I COULD GET USED TO PLAYING ANY OF THEM

rt

sn47som

Well, its not about getting the perfect head as they arent close to that, but at least getting something that feels good.

hemiboy

I am just talking about my experiences. The Remo silenstrokes are on my roto toms and they are great as batter heads and  they are also my  reso heads on the rest of my  kit. Just saying that after all the different heads that I used on my kits that were really quite expensive, the Remos  are great for a lot less money

Chevyteddy

Hi there, I use Drumtec Real feel, which is really awesome. Played Silent strokes and Tdrum heads earlier, but really missed the "real feeling". They are a bit louder , more expensive but I really like it on my Gretsch USA Custom.

8) :animal:

sn47som

Cool good to know, but how about the real feels on 2box drumit 5 pads? Have you tried the heads on drumit 5 pads? Have you tried any other high end mesh heads on drumit 5 pads? If so, hows the fit n finish and triggering?

stickcharmer

I'm curious how these heads perform on bass drums. I can't seem to find anything specific to the kick.