News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Nirz Icons

Started by sn47som, October 02, 2016, 06:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sn47som

Hey guys just wanted to let you all know that the nirz jeff juliano icons pack is one of the best packs Ive ever heard. That sound are the creators. They are great samples that come at a very reasonable price in wav format so you can create your own dsnds and they come out great. What is the easiest way for you guys to download the samples if I put them up? imageshack? google drive? dropbox? Id like to put them up and have you download them without needing a password?

https://www.iwantthatsound.com/product/icons-nirz-jeffjuliano/

Jman

Quote from: sn47som on October 02, 2016, 06:21:18 PM
Hey guys just wanted to let you all know that the nirz jeff juliano icons pack is one of the best packs Ive ever heard. That sound are the creators. They are great samples that come at a very reasonable price in wav format so you can create your own dsnds and they come out great. What is the easiest way for you guys to download the samples if I put them up? imageshack? google drive? dropbox? Id like to put them up and have you download them without needing a password?

https://www.iwantthatsound.com/product/icons-nirz-jeffjuliano/
Just to clarify: I hope you mean you want to upload samples of your playing. Because exchanging actual WAV or .dsnds from the product or created from the product is not legal. J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

sn47som

You are right sir thanks for reminding me of that.  Oh well at least people know the samples sound great...

wildhorse5678

Hi. I followed your link and was impressed with the sounds. I got them to send me thier sampe pack and foujnd that the Snare sample did have a lot lof wav files at differnt velocities.  Do the packs include similar sets of volocities for HI hats and do they have open/ closed/ pedal wavs?

Ta

sn47som

Quote from: wildhorse5678 on October 15, 2016, 08:54:25 AM
Hi. I followed your link and was impressed with the sounds. I got them to send me thier sampe pack and foujnd that the Snare sample did have a lot lof wav files at differnt velocities.  Do the packs include similar sets of volocities for HI hats and do they have open/ closed/ pedal wavs?

Ta

They sure do. Each instrument has on average 10-12 different velocity wavs. The hh has open closed and foot. Each having 10-12 velocity wavs. The pack is definitely worth the money. One of my very favorite sampled rides is from the icons pack. I have all the best vsts and the only ride I play is the ride/bell from this pack. It sounds and plays very natural. Im still testing with drumasonic luxury rides tho but we'll see. I use 3-4 kicks, 4 snares, the modern toms and both crashed and ride from this pack so money well spent.

AndyMo

Thanks for sharing. The demos on the website sound very impressive.

(I will now search the forum to find out more about converting the samples to .dsnd format and loading them on to my module.)

Thanks!
Andy

wildhorse5678

AndyMo

Excellent - thank you! 

wildhorse5678

I just wanted to add that I have also bought this NirZ pack and making dsnd files for 2box was very easy. One of the annoying things I did find was that the suppliers couldn't tell me what sounds were used on some of the samples.  I liked a particular kick sound on one of the samples but there's so many different sounds in the pack..at different levels of processing that I just couldn't identify the one I wanted. You would have thought that whoever put the sample tracks together would have kept a record of what they used???I suggested that they do so in future.

AndyMo

That is odd. As you say, you'd expect the supplier to have and share those details!

I obtained some free samples, including a decent snare - and thanks to the advice and video, it was easy to load the sound on to the module.

I will probably purchase the library too - but have some other issues to resolve first (mixer, hihat, etc.).

Thanks!
Andy