News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

DD drum hybrid with 2box module?

Started by rknrollo, September 25, 2016, 10:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rknrollo

Newbie here my first post, First off I am a guitar player but I can play drums OK, I have a home studio and gave away my old ekit to my church. Looking to replace with 2box, I am debating between the drummit 5 mk2 or converting my acoustic kit, I want a 6pc kit and at least 2-3 cymbals and ride so I would have to upgrade  the e kit anyways. I need another project like a hole in the head and then I saw these.....http://www.musiciansfriend.com/drums-percussion/ddrum-hybrid-acoustic-electric-6-piece-shell-pack, I can only play so good but when a "real" drummer comes in I think a real set is better. Anyone know how these would work with the 2 box module? I have lots of cymbals I could convert and lots of extra hardware sitting around. What about the triggers? are they just single zone? I'd at least like to have the snare to have a rim trigger somehow.

Jman

Welcome to the forum!
Well, that kit is all single zone I believe, and it is XLR connectors, so you would need XLR to 1/4" TRS adapter/cables. If you are looking to go with a quiet kit you will need to purchase mesh heads. I see you are looking at the 2Box kit in the Classifieds. Looks like a heck of a deal since a new 2Box module alone is about $1000-$1100. Since he mentioned that the kit had rubber heads and purchased in the US, that would be an MKII kit since that is the only kit released in the US. The MK1 kits were the early ones released years ago in Europe. So it would be hard to beat that deal.

If you decide to go the Acoustic to Electronic conversion route for converting a kit to electronic shoot me a PM or email. I have drop in conversion kits for 2Box at http://www.stealthdrums.com/purchase22.html

I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

rknrollo

Thanks Jman the ddrum kit looks kinda cheezy, Ive checked out your site many times when I started to think about conversion vs e drums, I have an old 1985 yamaha 5000 kit but its missing some hardware over the years. I'll shoot you an email if I go that route.

digitalDrummer

rknrollo

Thanks, I actually read it a couple days ago, I thought right off the bat they were cheezy. I'm definetly taking a different route.

digitalDrummer

Pity, because the make great triggers and decent acoustic drums, but somehow managed combine the worst of both lines.

stickcharmer

I read the article and, for an edrum set, it sounds like it does quite well...aside from the single zone snare. What were they thinking? Im guessing the CK version is similar in response? Im considering this as well. I have a Jr kit I converted to an ekit but its showing a lot of wear and tear. I can pick up the ddrum CK version for about $350.00 and get a much better looking kit than what I have. My snare is a hart dynamics so no worries on that. Id convert the ddrum snare to another tom most likely.