News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Roland TD50 product intro

Started by Murgen, September 10, 2016, 12:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Travis182

I've just come across this and is this real or is someone having me on, please tell me they are for $7000-8000 I can't believe what i'm hearing, hopefully it's a horrible joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roB3lhda8SI

This sounds absolutely horrendous. When are people going to wake up. I'd take the AD5 over that! At least you can see they are trying something new. All Roland have done is come up with a new name (Prismatic Sound Modeling) because super natural wasn't good enough anymore so hmmm lets fool everyone with a new name and low and behold people go with it. Insane.

welshsteve

Yeah it's true. The module alone will list for £2000, basic studio kit is £4000+ and the full shebang kit is upward of £6000+
I got into a bit of a back and forth debate with someone in a music shop on one of them Youtube vidoes and he claims there IS a market for it, and like anything, you want the best you have to pay for it... sorta thing.
Can't argue with that I suppose. Still it's a kit for the 1% and the top pros who will get it for free.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Travis182

Quote from: welshsteve on September 20, 2016, 09:11:43 PM
Yeah it's true. The module alone will list for £2000, basic studio kit is £4000+ and the full shebang kit is upward of £6000+
I got into a bit of a back and forth debate with someone in a music shop on one of them Youtube vidoes and he claims there IS a market for it, and like anything, you want the best you have to pay for it... sorta thing.
Can't argue with that I suppose. Still it's a kit for the 1% and the top pros who will get it for free.

With the "you want the best you have to pay for it" quote, It's definitely not true in this case! Honestly I can't believe that people are saying this is worth the money after watching that video. I'm more interested now to see what Alesis have come up with!

edtc

Some people just feel better when they spend a lot of money ... :) 

.... & I feel good on my DIY 2BOX kit  :patbat2box:

welshsteve

Quote from: edtc on September 21, 2016, 11:08:25 AM
Some people just feel better when they spend a lot of money ... :) 

.... & I feel good on my DIY 2BOX kit  :patbat2box:

WORD!!!

I set up a mate's TD30 a few weeks ago, I used one for a few months on a ship a few years ago, and it's a great piece of kit no doubt. But I sit behind my drumit 5 and feel no less inspired. It still trumps the TD30 for realism but yet their hihat controller does edge it a little. I do like the fact it has loads of extra pad inputs as opposed to the two (1 cymbal and 1 tom by default) on drumit5. Still, if I wanted to spend £1500 on a module I could get another complete drumit 5 kit and have as many extra pads as I'd like!!
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

hemiboy

I was so ready for Roland to come out with a new product with the realism of 2 box and it didn't happen. I always liked the roland pads and As has been said, I ended up building a big a to e kit with 2 2 box modules and after using jmans hi hat conversion, my hi hat is as good or better than the 2 rolands that I had,  the 11 and 12. never had the 13 , heard it is a great hat! I am waiting for the drumit6 to  come out, and to see what it offers over and above the 5 , otherwise I am good! The pearl mimic looks interesting , but I think I stick with 2 box