News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Phantom kick drum triggering

Started by veedge, August 24, 2016, 01:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

veedge

Anybody please. I will turn on my 2 box. It doesn't always happen right away but, after playing for a bit, the kick drum will just trigger by itself. Very annoying. I may have to send it back. Anyone have this problem?

Jman

Quote from: veedge on August 24, 2016, 01:01:11 PM
Anybody please. I will turn on my 2 box. It doesn't always happen right away but, after playing for a bit, the kick drum will just trigger by itself. Very annoying. I may have to send it back. Anyone have this problem?
At this point since you said it will trigger even when no kick drum is plugged into the module returning the module for replacement seems like the only solution. I emailed you. J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

StudioG4

I thought this might be a suggestion from a prior post by Coda:

Re: Module changes from one kit to another randomly on its own!!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2015, 11:22:19 AM »
I'm actually thinking it could be the extender itself, or the way it is positioned inside the module. I found that mine (which is 50cm long) causes interference which manifests itself as dummy triggering on the ride cymbal, until I carefully re-wrapped the excess cable inside and taped it up with aluminum tape (then again with plastic tape).
If I was you, I'd remove the extender and the SDcard from the equation, unplug the extender from the motherboard, and put the original 4gb card back in the SDcard slot (on the motherboard). Put the module back together, and test. If it's still misbehaving, I'd erase the 4gb SDCard and copy back the default content and firmware and retest. If it's still misbehaving after all that, then you should contact 2box (or your distributor who handles the warranty).

Jman

Quote from: StudioG4 on August 25, 2016, 02:54:23 AM
I thought this might be a suggestion from a prior post by Coda:

Re: Module changes from one kit to another randomly on its own!!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2015, 11:22:19 AM »
I'm actually thinking it could be the extender itself, or the way it is positioned inside the module. I found that mine (which is 50cm long) causes interference which manifests itself as dummy triggering on the ride cymbal, until I carefully re-wrapped the excess cable inside and taped it up with aluminum tape (then again with plastic tape).
If I was you, I'd remove the extender and the SDcard from the equation, unplug the extender from the motherboard, and put the original 4gb card back in the SDcard slot (on the motherboard). Put the module back together, and test. If it's still misbehaving, I'd erase the 4gb SDCard and copy back the default content and firmware and retest. If it's still misbehaving after all that, then you should contact 2box (or your distributor who handles the warranty).
He has a stock module with no extender cable.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/