News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

More trigger inputs please!

Started by Darthsleader, July 11, 2016, 03:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darthsleader

I don't know if changing the hardware is in the works... but I'd sure love to see a few more trigger inputs! Say, triple-zone Cym4 and Cym5, and dual-zone Perc1, 2, 3?

Jer

Darthsleader

An easier fix would be to allow the user to assign 2box sounds (with all the editing capabilities) to midi note numbers not associated with pads, and trigger them via midi. (Why doesn't this already exist?)

Jer

rhysT

Quote from: Darthsleader on July 11, 2016, 03:28:18 PM
An easier fix would be to allow the user to assign 2box sounds (with all the editing capabilities) to midi note numbers not associated with pads, and trigger them via midi. (Why doesn't this already exist?)

I'd like to see Alesis include a similar feature in their Strike modules, as the DM10 has 35 extra midi note/numbers available to trigger.
The preset instruments shown in this Midi map (http://www.hellfiredrums.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/DM10-Midi-Note-Map.pdf) can be changed and edited as required. 

edtc

hi

It s somewhere possible ...  I tested a way to get some more sounds , but with some limitations :

For example , who really uses the bell sound on their crash ?

So , my trick is to make special cymbal DSOUNDS , with extra sounds on the bell , and then trig it via midi with my old 1983 octapad...   

and who really chokes every cymbals (exept the metal-addicts ) or even use the bow sound  ... you can maybe sacrifice your right crash's "edge" zone ... Or just replace one of the cymbal input with a free tom rim ...

Like that you could get 3 extra sounds ... Sure it would be easyer if 2BOX re-programmes  the os for that , but i m not sure there is enough processing power to add any new feature like this ...

The cool thing about the octapad , is that you can also have some sounds "duplicated " on the pad , so you can assign lets say the china you have on the right hand side , and play it with the left hand on the octapad ...    As some octapads or modules can send program change , it s also possible to change the kit by hitting a pad ....

mistery

My question exactly. I've just created a post/poll for MIDI In triggering: http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,3476.0.html.
The suggestion from edtc might work but is more of a hack and not a serious option for a regular user.
I am trying to understand why the limitation in the first place.

mikeymeitbual

Alesis Trigger IO or ddrum's ttdi trigger interface will do exactly what you want, methinks. For $150. It even has a variable hi-hat control input.

TrommelTheo

More trigger inputs are definitely a big wish, unfortunately this was not realized again with the Drumit 5 Mark II, too bad!

Greets
Dirk

sezaybaba

I do not understand, why the developers, who partly come from DDrum, do not include some in the 2Box. For example, the DDrum3 module has the normal kit and the small kit. That's a total of 24 notes or sounds, which I can control with my Trapkat. Or an own controller that simplifies the kit change during live operation.The good is so close? !! ::)