News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

advice on triple ply heads

Started by crosstix73, July 06, 2016, 09:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crosstix73

ok  so  i  have  been  doing  alot  of  research  on  the  3  ply  brands , out  there, and  what  i  have  found  out.  is  that  sadly , there  are  not  very  many  reviews  for  alot  of  these  mesh  heads.  i  really  want  to  pick  up  a  3  ply  mesh, but  i  need  to  really  know  the  difference  between  all  of  these  brands.  theirare  five  that  i  am  looking  at.  the  first  2  are, z-ed, and  drum  tech. the  next  2  are , billy  blast, and  ufo drum heads.  from  what  i  have  read  so  far, is  that  the  billy  blast  are  the  loudest  of  them  all.  so  my  first  question  is , are  the  billy  blast  3  ply  heads  as  loud  as  the  more  solid  and  thumpy new  rubber  heads, that  come  on  the  new  2box  kits?  the  next  one  is , the  new  3  ply  jobecky  heads.  does  any  one  have  any  experience  with  the  3  ply  from  ufo  heads?  i  am  wanting  to  get  the  12  snare  head  figured  out  first.  the  remo  silent  strokes  are  way  too  bouncy  for , even  the  feel  on  the  toms.  thats  why  i  am  going  the  3  ply  way  now.  it  is  the  oppisite  direction  of  the  already  used , remos.  someone  also  said  that  the  z-ed , are  a  really  tight  fit, on  the  2  box  12  snare.  are  all  the  other  3  ply  brands  like  that  aswell?i  am  really  hoping  that  i  can  go  for  1  of  the  brands  in  the  u.s.a..  or  if  the  drum  tech  or  z-ed  are  just  that  much  better, then  i  will  just  have  to  eat  the  shipping  costs, from  out  of  the  u.s.a..  i  am  really  trying  to  avoid  having  to  purchase   every3  ply  head  out  there.  i  think  that  maybe, if  the  ufo  heads  are  a  good , and  trust  worthy  option.  then  i  will  pick  1  up  from  them.  i  am  pretty  unsure  about  the  billy  blasts, as  i  have  heard  that  he  sounds  like  he  thinks  that  he  is  better  than  everyone  else.  i  dont  want  to  do dealings  with  someone  like  that.  sorry  for  the  long  post, but  i  really  want  to  know  my  options  with  these  heads.  without  spending  hundreds  of  dollars  on  all  the  different  brands  out  there.  wich  one  of  these  brand  heads  are  the  least  bouncy, and  wich  one  is  least  loudest  aswell?  once  i  get  the  12  snare  figured  out, then  my  next  task  is  the  10  toms.  i  appreciate  anyones  comment, or  feedback  on  this  issue. 

digitalDrummer

Hi Crosstix,
Firstly, I don't know what you did with formating of your post, but it is extremely hard to read.
As for mesh head reviews, digitalDrummer has thoroughly tested almost every head available on the market. And each review features a table summarising the performance of all the heads tested to date.
www.digitaldrummermag.com

geo

The formatting is due to his assistance software entering double spaces between every word. I'd suggest raising it as an issue with the maker if possible, crosstix.

Darthsleader

Just today I put a Billy Blast 3-ply on my snare. It's night-and-day different than the 2-ply I had. Less stretchy and bouncy, MUCH more like a regular Mylar drum head. HIGHLY recommended!

Jer

hemiboy

I agree the Billy blast triple ply is very realistic  but my full  size a to e  kit they were very loud . I would have liked to keep them  otherwise. Billy is a  cool dude. I  bought some rack stuff and exchanved the heads for that , even exchange