News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Rubber Heads

Started by KnipeDrums, June 28, 2016, 06:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KnipeDrums

Could anyone tell me about using the rubber heads? I am interested in using these heads in conjunction with my custom pads. I prefer the feel of rubber over mesh and hopefully will use these on my pads. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks, Tom

enrico

Hi I bought a rubber head at Thomas online it costed me 80â,¬ I put it on my 2box snare with some difficulty as the screws seem to be too short, then playing on it gave triggering problems probably because of the fact that I had to tight the screws anyways I put on again the  mesh heads and now speeded 80â,¬ for nothing!

Coda

â,¬80 for a head? I think you are talking about something different, i.e. a rubber pad. The OP is talking about rubber heads which are placed on the 2box shells instead of the mesh heads because of Rolands US patent which restricts people from selling shells with mesh heads on them in the States.

crosstix73

i  recently  picked  up  the  2box  w. the  new  rubber  heads.  my  experience  w. these  heads  are  as  follows.  the  new  rubber  heads  are  pretty  loud , compared  to  any  thickness  of  mesh  heads.  they  are  also  very  hard, and  stiff, to  the  touch.  not  hardly  if  any  give  aswell. they  are  just  ok, in  my  opinion.  if  you  are  a  beginner, then  they  can  get  you  by , as  teaching  you  keeping  a  certain  grip , as  to  them  being  so  stiff.  i  am  very  picky  about  how  things  feel  and  sound.  what  makes  them  so  stiff, is  cuz, they  all  have  metal  disks  on  the  underside of  them.  personally  i  think  that  it  was  an  ok  idea , but  the  main  2  things  that  really  fall  short , is  that  they  are  too  thick , and  the  mettal  underneath  them, is  too  hard  aswell.  if  you  want  to  have  your  drums  feel  like  an  actual  real  feel, drum  kit. stay  completely  away  from  these  rubber  heads.  again, they  can  work  for  beginners, but  for  the  more  serious  advanced  players  out  there , i  just  dont  see  them  working .