Author Topic: Pearl Mimic Pro  (Read 7964 times)

redbull26

• View Profile
Re: Pearl Mimic Pro
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2017, 03:49:23 PM »
Listen at 21.40..... What the hell is that. People need to stop falling for Rolands marketing man! Digital Snares and Rides don't mean diddly squat when a kit sounds that bad.

Wow your not kidding!  Those sounds are just... terrible.  This just reaffirms that I made the right decisions in buying a 2box module.  My entire Jobeky 2box kit will cost around the same as a TD50 brain... I guess some marketing hype is just that - hype.

espen

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2017, 05:45:50 PM »
First time I watched one minute was enough for me. Now I had to watch this 21.40 moment... LOL! :o ;D

Travis182

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2017, 08:18:24 PM »
First time I watched one minute was enough for me. Now I had to watch this 21.40 moment... LOL! :o ;D

:D ;D ;D ;D hahahaha. Don't worry I didn't watch that whole thing, I skipped to see if it got any worse and low and behold it most certainly did! Watching the whole thing would have made my ears bleed.

hemiboy

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2017, 04:21:10 AM »
Bisonnette is regarded by many as a talented drummer, but again, I don't question his ability in any way, as a matter of fact , he is a funny dude besides being a great drummer.   I just didn't care for the sound of the TD 50. I have heard it on many vids and just am not  feeling it. Still want to play and o hear it and tweak it in person.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 04:33:00 AM by hemiboy »

chris k

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2017, 04:56:44 AM »
Bisonnette is regarded by many as a talented drummer, but again, I don't question his ability in any way, as a matter of fact , he is a funny dude besides being a great drummer.   I just didn't care for the sound of the TD 50. I have heard it on many vids and just am not  feeling it. Still want to play and o hear it and tweak it in person.

I personally did try it, it does not came close to 2box again, their sound velocity number are limited and pretty strait sound, cymbal sound great, but its about this compare to vst.

chris k

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2017, 09:50:59 AM »
Pearl MIMIC expected to be available in Europe as well, from digital drumming magazine page 25, reports from Winter Namm.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 09:59:35 AM by chris k »

digitalDrummer

• www.digitaldrummermag.com
    • View Profile
    • digitalDrummer - the global online e-drum magazine
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2017, 02:12:55 AM »
I saw all the new offerings in action at NAMM, but to be honest, the big guys didn't do themselves any favours with amplification. Alesis did a great job of pairing the kit with a speaker array that made your ribs rattle when they hit the bass drum.
The backing accompaniment for both the Pearl demo and the Roland was overpowering and I don't think the instruments were able to cut through sufficiently. I also watched very closely for mistriggering etc, which is not apparent in the videos, but certainly there is you knew what to look for.
And I didn't like the kit sounds they chose for Billy Cobham - especially the snare! However, the xstick and ride were sensational.
editor and publisher of the only dedicated edrum magazine

Jman

• Administrator
  • Two modules SN: 00197 and 02207
    • View Profile
    • Stealth Drums
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2017, 02:22:31 AM »
I saw all the new offerings in action at NAMM, but to be honest, the big guys didn't do themselves any favours with amplification. Alesis did a great job of pairing the kit with a speaker array that made your ribs rattle when they hit the bass drum.
The backing accompaniment for both the Pearl demo and the Roland was overpowering and I don't think the instruments were able to cut through sufficiently. I also watched very closely for mistriggering etc, which is not apparent in the videos, but certainly there is you knew what to look for.
And I didn't like the kit sounds they chose for Billy Cobham - especially the snare! However, the xstick and ride were sensational.
I agree 100%, I couldn't tell how good or bad the onboard sounds were especially when headphone options were not available for listening. And the TD-50 is definitely capable of better sounds than the Cobham kit sounds.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)

chris k

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2017, 03:58:09 AM »
TD-50 sound better then Td-30, mostly the cymbal, but easy to recognize it's Roland sound with synth manipulation\ few layer. I wont see many going from 2box to td-50 or vst users to TD-50, there is pretty large difference on sound and the price.

As for mimic, will judge with final release version on the market, anything before are prototype and many factor is involved with software\hardware manipulation. I think there should be new demo with artist, probably like Dennis Chambers and other Pearl artist members soon, 2 owner of TD-50 was impressed with Pearl mimic at winter namm and actually played, one reported the sound was one of the best he ever heard on a VST library. From the sound video I heard even with compression, its sound like studio out of the box without time consuming tweak needed.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 06:33:53 AM by chris k »

puttenvr

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2017, 07:21:01 PM »