News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Pearl Mimic Pro

Started by Haggis-man, June 23, 2016, 05:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KnipeDrums

I cant get past the open architecture versus open sounds. If you cant install your own sounds or another brand of sounds then you have to come to terms prior to purchase that your buying into this system and that this system has to have everything you want.

For me is there a 6,8,10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 18 and 20 inch toms to choose from. Probably not  imho....

I do love that there is a new sample based module on the market, heading in the right direction.

I just wish 2Box had more inputs. Not a big deal though really.

Chrisk

Quote from: KnipeDrums on June 28, 2016, 03:05:01 PM
I cant get past the open architecture versus open sounds. If you cant install your own sounds or another brand of sounds then you have to come to terms prior to purchase that your buying into this system and that this system has to have everything you want.

For me is there a 6,8,10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 18 and 20 inch toms to choose from. Probably not  imho....

I do love that there is a new sample based module on the market, heading in the right direction.

I just wish 2Box had more inputs. Not a big deal though really.

The module is more target internal sound SSD4\SSD5 VST sound library and  expansion pack with time for now, and could accept others VST if they got authorization and the OK from others, the sound imports are limited to 1 shots samples, but not their final decision, still in development. But I would take this module before Roland\Yamaha, the module is ahead from them right now.

Future will change I am sure on Edrum.

JRage

Hi,

From my perspective I see IPS touchscreen rather as disadvantage.

Knob plus small, bright/high contrast screen obviously is much quicker solution for kit selection in a live performance than trying with sweaty fingers to move/repeatedly press on a small scrollbar on the side of the display.
Also, it seems there is some delay after pressing soft buttons on the screen of module.

16 outputs is a good selling point though.
Posted by some mistake.

Chrisk

Quote from: JRage on June 29, 2016, 09:35:15 AM
Hi,

From my perspective I see IPS touchscreen rather as disadvantage.

Knob plus small, bright/high contrast screen obviously is much quicker solution for kit selection in a live performance than trying with sweaty fingers to move/repeatedly press on a small scrollbar on the side of the display.
Also, it seems there is some delay after pressing soft buttons on the screen of module.

16 outputs is a good selling point though.

I agree with the kits list a bit small, but the interface is not final everything is in development right now if you are not aware, already been stated need larger square button panel like kronos menu style..all feature are not final and precise.

For the bright/high contrast should have the control of it as preference like most module have anyway..

Thanks for these idea,  will reports to the developer to fix and make these change, if anyone have idea write them here.

giusfre

16 input?....16 output?...60 GB hard drive (ssd?)...real drums multylayered samples?....all in a simple module ready to go? This is enough for any professional drummer or live sound engineer to call it like a dream come true!!!! I only hope there will be enough trigger parameters (roland td30 is the best) to tweek at the best any kind of pad; with 2Box I haven't found a way to use it live yet....roland is way better as feeling (even if sounds are way better the 2box)!

Jman

Quote from: giusfre on June 29, 2016, 07:23:04 PM
I only hope there will be enough trigger parameters (roland td30 is the best) to tweek at the best any kind of pad; with 2Box I haven't found a way to use it live yet....roland is way better as feeling (even if sounds are way better the 2box)!
Are you running the new OS 1.30? Because with the added trigger type choices and additional trigger parameters I don't see posts about problems running other brand pads much anymore.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Chrisk

Quote from: giusfre on June 29, 2016, 07:23:04 PM
16 input?....16 output?...60 GB hard drive (ssd?)...real drums multylayered samples?....all in a simple module ready to go? This is enough for any professional drummer or live sound engineer to call it like a dream come true!!!! I only hope there will be enough trigger parameters (roland td30 is the best) to tweek at the best any kind of pad; with 2Box I haven't found a way to use it live yet....roland is way better as feeling (even if sounds are way better the 2box)!

They said it will be compatible with most popular Edrum pad in the market.

ANGR77

Hi!

I do like the Mimic approach and concept. I have played a lot with VST's on the stage before entering into 2box in an attempt to bring down the complexity a bit.

This would maybe bring me back to VST on stage again. On the other hand this is only a box based on Windows Embeded which has been locked down to a certain VST manufacturer. No big deal to do with an computer. I am also guessing it will be a nice price tag on it as well.

I really wonder what 2box (or even check what mr Deve) is coming up with in the next step? Feels more tempting to wait! And the current 2box is still delivering big time!

Angr77

Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Chrisk

Quote from: ANGR77 on July 01, 2016, 03:39:40 AM
Hi!

I do like the Mimic approach and concept. I have played a lot with VST's on the stage before entering into 2box in an attempt to bring down the complexity a bit.

This would maybe bring me back to VST on stage again. On the other hand this is only a box based on Windows Embeded which has been locked down to a certain VST manufacturer. No big deal to do with an computer. I am also guessing it will be a nice price tag on it as well.

I really wonder what 2box (or even check what mr Deve) is coming up with in the next step? Feels more tempting to wait! And the current 2box is still delivering big time!

Angr77

Mr deve is no longer with 2box for a while, but something in the horizon as well from him, stay tuned!

giusfre

Quote from: Jman on June 30, 2016, 04:02:57 AM
Are you running the new OS 1.30? Because with the added trigger type choices and additional trigger parameters I don't see posts about problems running other brand pads much anymore.

Yes...i'm running the latest software! Never been able to tweek hi hat and pads sounds different sound to sound, expecially for snares. I have both the TD30 and the 2Box module with two complete equal set of pads (drum-tec diablo...) but for live gigging I have to use the TD30 even if I like the 2Box sounds more than roland's! I use the 2Box only at home for practicing...I was thinking about using vst live but I don't like to use computers, audio interfaces, etc...so the new Pearl module seems to be just the ultimate solution for me!

Chrisk

Chrisk

Another update, SSD5 will be included with the complete sound library and deep editing from the software, another thing, Toontrack, Fxpansion, Vdl2, Zildjian are already official sound partner with Pearl, since years.

puttenvr

I have discussed this before on some other forums, but this week I recieved an e-mail from PearlEurope that the Mimic Pro will not be available in this part of the world. Hence it is not listed on the European and Brasil part of their site. No further reasons were given, not even the possibility that Steven Slate organizes the distribution themselves.
Buying the module abroad (in the USA) is still an option. Perhaps you need a power converter for it. We will see.

dboomer

It may not be a distribution problem but something else.  They may have decided that the cost of procuring an agency approval of a power supply for those local markets may not justify expected sales in those markets.

cloudkicker

Just to make sure! I know it says midi in/out but will the mimic pro have midi in/out thru for the purpose of recording the module sounds and listen back to them as you normally would vst wise?