News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Only rim triggers on Tom 3

Started by Klejnstrup, June 07, 2016, 07:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klejnstrup

Hey Guys

I don't recall when this started happening, but suddenly I realized that when I play my tom 3, only the rim triggers. On one of my kits, I can se the 'more' button blink along with the tom 3 button and on the rest of my kits, I can hear that the output is from the rim.

I went through all og the settings and I don't see anything unusual :(

Anybody who know what to do?

Kind regards

Jman

Quote from: Klejnstrup on June 07, 2016, 07:23:04 AM
Hey Guys

I don't recall when this started happening, but suddenly I realized that when I play my tom 3, only the rim triggers. On one of my kits, I can se the 'more' button blink along with the tom 3 button and on the rest of my kits, I can hear that the output is from the rim.

I went through all og the settings and I don't see anything unusual :(

Anybody who know what to do?

Kind regards

Here is a thread with a somewhat similar subject, read that and follow the troubleshooting guides Murgen gave:
http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,2499.msg21390.html#msg21390
The 1st step is to simply leave all the cables plugged in at the module. At the Pads: Take the cable end that is plugged into tom pad 2 and plug that into tom pad 3 that you are having trouble with. Test the tom that way. If the tom now works, most likely there is a problem with the cable. If the tom still has a problem proceed to open it up and look for a broken wire or piezo problem.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Klejnstrup

Oh the embarrassment  :( :(

was about to change cord and found out that the jack wasn't plugged all the way in. Plugged it in and now it works!

One of my kits still makes the 'More'  button blink along with the 'Tom 3' button when i play the tom, but its sounds like it should.

Thanks so much for your answer, J!!