News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

LINE IN INPUT - USING MP3 PLAYERS

Started by kunkyape, April 07, 2010, 08:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kunkyape

Sorry, really silly question but I have to ask it.

I am trying to utilise my MP3 player through the line in and when I check the volume settings it registers it is playing it but I get no sound through my headphones.

I have checked to see if there are any settings I need to change but am stuck.

If anyone has any idea's, that would be great!

Thanks

spoenk

in UNIT mode - on the MIX page - turn on/up the volume of the line input?

kunkyape

Thanks for that, feel like a total noob nob!

I thought I exhausted all avenues on this one and didn't realise the line in volume was there and goes to show that I haven't really explored the kit and tweaked it much as it is so good out of the box there is no need to change much at all!

HM

I have a problem with the line input. I can only hear my iPod on the right channel of my headphones. Also in the VU meter page I can only see activity on the right half of the I~. The input is in Streo mode. Has anyone experienced something like this?

I have a stereo jack to 3.5 mm stereo jack adapter and a 3,5 mm jack - 3.5 mm jack cable. Both the cable and the adapter work fine connected to my monitor controller, so they are not broken.

UC

I'm at work so I can't check right now, but if you push down on the knob on the input level page does it flip an arrow to point to panning instead of line level (like when panning the drums)?

HM

Quote from: UC on May 12, 2010, 12:59:32 PM
if you push down on the knob on the input level page does it flip an arrow to point to panning instead of line level (like when panning the drums)?

Nope, it doesn't seem to work that way.

Baby Samus

Go to the UNIT\OUT page.

Make sure the Input is set to Stereo, Out 1.2 is set to Mix and that Headphones are set to Mix.

HM

Quote from: Baby Samus on May 13, 2010, 07:48:27 PM
Go to the UNIT\OUT page.
Make sure the Input is set to Stereo, Out 1.2 is set to Mix and that Headphones are set to Mix.

The Out 1-2 should have nothing to do with hearing the input in headphones. I'll try that anyway when I have my kit set up again. Now my DrumIt Five is in a car waiting to be played live in a small club this night.

HM

I finally got my input problem solved. I had to take my unit to the distributor for repair, and they decided to change the entire motherboard. I took them more than two months to get one, but now I'm happy and drumming again. Hardly can wait to give the 1.20 beta a good try!

Linc

Quote from: HM on April 18, 2011, 07:40:25 PM
I finally got my input problem solved. I had to take my unit to the distributor for repair, and they decided to change the entire motherboard. I took them more than two months to get one, but now I'm happy and drumming again. Hardly can wait to give the 1.20 beta a good try!

man dont say that i am having the same problem and so far nothing is working to fix it.