News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Need 14" rim w/rubber ring

Started by InTheBox, May 15, 2017, 04:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InTheBox

I'm so happy with my custom 2box kick drum ( http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,3588.0.html ) that I want to make a custom snare in the same style.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a 14" snare rim that has a rubber ring on it, ala the roland style ring?
Preferably in europe, but world wide is also of interest.

Also, would there be any sigificant difference between making the drum from a wood or metal shell?

Cheers

Coda

I'm not exactly sure what you mean about the snare rim, but if you want to buy the rubber to fit onto a standard rim, you can get it at drum-tec.de and maybe also Thomann and a few other places. I got mine from drum-tec.

>would there be any sigificant difference between making the drum from a wood or metal shell?
From the audible perspective, no, it's not an acoustic instrument. Unless you meant something else.

InTheBox

Thanks, I'll check it out  :) :) :)

About metal vs. wood. I was thinking that metal  resonates more than wood and would perhaps lead to more false triggering problems, especially concerning the rim trigger which I think would be attached directly to the shell.

edtc

IMO , a metal shell will give a stronger signal for the rim trigger ... and will also be better for rim triggering .

What you have to do is to insulate the head trigger from the shell the best you can ...