News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Problems playing live after 4 Gigs.

Started by NewEDrummer, February 21, 2016, 11:37:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyMo

Hi,

I use Jobeky drums with my 2box module. I have been gigging with this set up for a few years now. They look superb and work exceptionally well with the module.

I visited Colin and Jane at Jobeky to try out the drums before ordering - and was able to select the finish I wanted, etc., in person.

Great service and lovely people.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Andy

PS My only issue is the 2box cymbals. The hihat plays up and the rubber on the cymbals is splitting. I'm still not quite sure what way to go - Gen16, real cymbals with Jman triggers, other ecymbals (but it is proving difficult to find a hihat solution).

NewEDrummer

Cool,
I went to Dave at Diamond Drums and had a brand new kit of Tama Superstar Custom Maples,
Converted which I also use live with 2 box.
They are sublime.
I use Roland CY 14 x2 for crash a CY 8 for crash/ China 2 box for my ride which works perfectly
And 2 box hats which now dialled in seem to work acceptably. You need to use the metal washer not the felt if using a different brand hi hat stand.
Jman does a hi hat mod which allows use of other branded hi hats.
Also seen a box called 42 Box hi hat converter but it seems more bulky.
I have used the JMan memory expander mod and know we here I would buy further mods when needed.
If I knew how to add pics I would show you.
Hope this helps?

Coda

Well as mentioned before, Jman makes trigger kits for acoustic hi-hats, and also a magnetic sensor box which goes under the footplate so you can use *any* piezo/switch type cymbal as a hi-hat (acoustic with a single piezo glued on works too). Or, you can ditch 2box's magnetic system altogether with the 42box add-on, as it converts the standard Roland-type controllers (FD-8, or the sensor part of VH-11) based on resistance into the Current system required by the 2box system.

AndyMo

Superb. I've heard excellent reports regarding Dave and Diamond Drums too.

Quote from: NewEDrummer on May 06, 2016, 05:13:15 AM
Cool,
I went to Dave at Diamond Drums and had a brand new kit of Tama Superstar Custom Maples,
Converted which I also use live with 2 box.
They are sublime.
I use Roland CY 14 x2 for crash a CY 8 for crash/ China 2 box for my ride which works perfectly
And 2 box hats which now dialled in seem to work acceptably. You need to use the metal washer not the felt if using a different brand hi hat stand.
Jman does a hi hat mod which allows use of other branded hi hats.
Also seen a box called 42 Box hi hat converter but it seems more bulky.
I have used the JMan memory expander mod and know we here I would buy further mods when needed.
If I knew how to add pics I would show you.
Hope this helps?

AndyMo

Yes, I need to explore those options.

Jman will be my first port of call if I go the mod route!

Quote from: Coda on May 06, 2016, 06:05:42 AM
Well as mentioned before, Jman makes trigger kits for acoustic hi-hats, and also a magnetic sensor box which goes under the footplate so you can use *any* piezo/switch type cymbal as a hi-hat (acoustic with a single piezo glued on works too). Or, you can ditch 2box's magnetic system altogether with the 42box add-on, as it converts the standard Roland-type controllers (FD-8, or the sensor part of VH-11) based on resistance into the Current system required by the 2box system.