News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2Box module with KAT TK4 pads/cymbals/rack?

Started by Drumster, February 12, 2016, 11:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coda

Quote from: edtc on February 17, 2016, 10:25:27 AM
not sure about it , but as i figure it out , the switch is just telling the module if you hit the edge or not .
I guess the piezo registers the force of the hit for both zones , and the switch tells if it s a center or a rim shot ....
That's it exactly. The switch on it's own does nothing. It's just an indicator of which zone was struck. In either case the module determines the strength of the hit from the piezo.

edtc

I remember reading that someone has made a scematic for an adapter that allows to use a piezo/piezo pad on a piezo/switch input .
http://edrum.for.free.fr/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=409&sid=fb43a682e7465322ec78e39e77b763d2

But i dont know if something opposite exists ...

Coda

Yeah that's the Keith Raper circuit, it was designed to be able to use Roland style piezo/piezo pads on the Yamaha DTX modules which are piezo/switch.
Nothing exists the other way around, AFAIK it's not plausible to generate an analogue waveform from a switch :) However, plugging a piezo/switch pad into a piezo/piezo input could work in some circumstances, it just depends on how the module is designed to handle it.

Drumster

Quote from: digitalDrummer on February 15, 2016, 06:39:53 AM
Drumster, if the compilation didn't adequately meet your needs, let me know I'll shoot you a refund. The product description says its a guide to internal, external and aux triggers.
And it's VST, not VSD (Virtual Studio Technologys a software interface that integrates software audio synthesizer and effect plugins with audio editors and recording systems).

I think although the info I received was not really what I needed, it was valuable nonetheless. DigitalDrummer is a good publication so rather than a refund, let's just consider it a donation.
Tim

Drumster

I made a decision and have ordered the Go Edrum kit from Taiwan and will get a 2Box D3 module separately when they become available. Or, if I really can't stand to wait and can get a decent price I'll buy a current 2Box module to use on the Go-E kit.
The kit should be here within a couple of weeks I reckon. :)

edcito

sorry for trolling but theres absolutely no proof or indication the drum it 3 will ever see the light of day. You might as well wait 2 years.....

Drumster

Quote from: edcito on February 25, 2016, 10:49:12 AM
sorry for trolling but theres absolutely no proof or indication the drum it 3 will ever see the light of day. You might as well wait 2 years.....

I understand. What I've just ordered will be sufficient to get me up and having some fun - and if rumors of D3 fail to materialize soon enough for my liking then I'll buy a D5 module instead.

But one way or the other, 2Box is the module I intend to have.