News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

colored labels instead of numbers

Started by boekhour, February 21, 2010, 04:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boekhour

I very little problem but maybe it makes live a bit easier when setting up the 2box.

I was "on tour" with my 2box and I noticed some inconvenience with the labels on the cables. They are hard to read when you're searching the numbers to plug in the 2box-module. I think this should be changed in colored labels. I did that myself, and it works much easier! You don't have to read the numbers and you just have to look at the right matching color between the pad-->cable-->module.

Problem is that the labels are losening now...  8) Can you supply the new kits with sturdy colored labels and also deliver them to the people already owning a kit?

Remi

Quote from: boekhour on February 21, 2010, 04:05:22 PM
I very little problem but maybe it makes live a bit easier when setting up the 2box.

I was "on tour" with my 2box and I noticed some inconvenience with the labels on the cables. They are hard to read when you're searching the numbers to plug in the 2box-module. I think this should be changed in colored labels. I did that myself, and it works much easier! You don't have to read the numbers and you just have to look at the right matching color between the pad-->cable-->module.

Problem is that the labels are losening now...  8) Can you supply the new kits with sturdy colored labels and also deliver them to the people already owning a kit?

And if i'm colour blind?,
numbers are okay.

maybe both, coloured numbers.  ;)

boekhour

puttenvr

Different plug sizes for each connection  :rock:

b

HM

Quote from: boekhour on February 21, 2010, 04:05:22 PM
I think this should be changed in colored labels. I did that myself, and it works much easier! You don't have to read the numbers and you just have to look at the right matching color between the pad-->cable-->module.
I really don't want to have colored cables. Having orange pads and module is colorful enough for me. =)

mandubien

I don't really see where the problem is actually. You have short, mid-long, and long cables. They are all the same. So I use the shortest ones for the pads that are close to the module, and long for the farthest ones.

For example, I plug cable 1 in tom 3 in the module, then the other extremity in the pad I will use as tom 3. You can not be mistaken if you plug cables one after another.

UC

watch out though cos I'm pretty sure at least one of them's mono

Remi

mandubien

Quote from: UC on February 22, 2010, 08:59:55 PM
watch out though cos I'm pretty sure at least one of them's mono

Oh gosh, need to check that.

[EDIT] All my 8 cables are stereo. So, no colors are needed  ;)

UC

Freaky, I wonder where the heck my mono one came from...must have been one I already had lying around...

boekhour

I'm stubborn stil want colored labels no matter what you're saying here. Works much easier. I've made them myself. :rock:

macleod

colored labels are good idea, I' going to make my own cable customization tomorrow!  :rock: