News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

So Long.... (for a while)

Started by NeilC, February 09, 2010, 09:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeilC

Hi all,

I have been asked to fill in (and maybe stay) in my friends band StoneRun and we have a sort of tour happening soon. So basically, you may not see me on here for a while, as I will be busy learning, rehearsing, recording, and playing!

if any of you are available, come and see us on one of the dates below...

www.myspace.com/stonerunmusic

Thursday 25th February - The Pulse Bar, Barnsley
Friday 26th February - Wakefield Festival TBC
Saturday 27th February - Carlisle (Falling Red album launch)
Wednesday 24th March - The Maze, Nottingham
Tuesday 30th March - BBC Radio Sheffield (live session for Raw Talent)
Wednesday 31st March - West Street Live, Sheffield
Thursday 1st April - Grand Central, Manchester
Friday 2nd April - Dickens, Rotherham
Monday 5th April - The Rigger, Newcastle-under-Lyme
Wednesday 7th April - Sharkey's, Hull
Thursday 8th April - The King Billy, Northhampton
Friday 9th April - Town Mill, Mansfield
Saturday 10th April - Frog and Nightgown, Worksop
Wednesday 14th April - Whittles, Oldham
Friday 16th April - The Appleby, Burton
Saturday 17th April - The Vic, Coalville
Thursday 22nd April - The Clubhouse, Stockport
Friday 23rd April - The Primrose, Leeds
Saturday 24th April - The Snooty fox, Wakefield
Friday 30th April - The Leopard, Doncaster
Friday 7th May - Hark to Towler, Bury
Sunday 9th May - The Boardwalk, Sheffield
Friday 14th May - The Ship Inn, Preston
Saturday 15th May - The Old Bell, Derby
Sunday 16th May - Wakefield Festival (TBC)
Friday 21st May - Mexborough Civic, Mexborough
Saturday 29th May - Cottingham Festival, Hull
Sunday 30th May - The Grapes, Sheffield

Cheers

UC

Fantastic news about the tour, that's wicked mate.

So...you be taking your wee orange beastie with you?

Hope it goes really well - stick up some youtubery if you get the chance

:rock:

NeilC

Unfortunately not, acoustic all the way which is great but sad at the same time! :(

Baby Samus

Quote from: NeilC on February 09, 2010, 02:39:30 PM
Unfortunately not, acoustic all the way which is great but sad at the same time! :(

Aw no 2Box, would have been great to hear your thoughts on that UC.  I just made a post saying my ideal live setup now is real cymbals, real snare (if possible but 2Box samples are good enough) and 2Box for everything else.  I think its amazing through a good P.A but I know what you mean.  Sometimes you just have to go with the accoustic stuff man, especially cymbals, hats and maybe snare - the only problem you'll ever get is a bust skin and everyone knows where they stand with a real kit.

So why did you decide against using the Orange wonder and plump for the real thing on the tour?  :drum3:

NeilC

Well, most of the shows are support slots where there will already be a kit, so I will just take shells and cymbals. And I am a very hard player and I just love bashing out my Pearl kit, even though I think the 2Box could take it, I don't want to batter my newest toy too much as it was initially a recording/rehearsing tool.

Its funny as their old drummer has a Roland kit which they use to rehearse with and even play live with, but the guys said they couldn't get into the 'groove' - i assume this is down to the Roland sounding so unnatural. The kit is still in our practice room and and I so want to set it up and laugh. hahaha.

But maybe the 2box will creep in when we have the editor as we do play to a click live so we may incorporate some electronic stuff...

But it IS a shame. Maybe if we do a small 'intimate' headline show I might use it...

NeilC

I am finally back, although we are halfway through another 'tour'. So good to get back in the loft and mess around on the 2Box again! I did actually use it over the summer as we played a wedding and I must say it worked really well!

I love using it when writing new stuff, means the band can all sit around and write/rehearse at low volumes and the drums still sound realistic....

Gonna try get back on here again, but seeing as my work has started blocking sites I can't get on it... need to research editing proxy.pac files! haha....

puttenvr

NeilC

UC

Quote from: NeilC on November 13, 2010, 02:41:33 PM
Gonna try get back on here again, but seeing as my work has started blocking sites I can't get on it... need to research editing proxy.pac files! haha....

Hey mate, long time no see and all...welcome back :)

Bit like Royston Vasey round here ;D