News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Top software features that you would like added?

Started by Scottie, February 08, 2010, 11:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

add support for playing with brushes?

Yes! Can't live without it!
46 (29.1%)
No - other features are more important
80 (50.6%)
I don't care - what is this "jazz" thing anyway?
13 (8.2%)
Give Puttenvr a light for his kick drum
19 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 26

hwasser

Quote from: Calimero on February 10, 2010, 10:08:30 PM
playing traditional jazz style brush patterns is ,and correct me if I m wrong, impossible.
The sweep is a constant motion,how would the trigger pick that up?
I also doubt meshheads will hold out long..

http://www.xlnaudio.com/?page=products&p_page=adpaks&i_page=modernjazzbrushes

Addictive Drums have a function called "RealSweep", works with normal e-drums.

Calimero

UC

yep, and notice the long tail on the sweep sound....Not much control really. and someone could easily make a brush sweep dsnd if they really want! I'm going to add a poll to this thread - my personal view is that there are better features to be added as a priority...

puttenvr

I want a brush(ed) light for my kick (formerly known as bass drum)

UC

Quote from: puttenvr on February 14, 2010, 04:46:27 PM
I want a brush(ed) light for my kick (formerly known as bass drum)
Sorry Putt, it's a bad habit I've picked up from Americans :)
However, I will never refer to it as a "drum set"  ;D

TimDeBim

Concerning the brushes: I agree that it's very difficult if not impossible to get the brush sweep on an e-drum properly since it is a continuous motion. However, I still wonder how Roland made the TD-12 and TD-20 playable with brushes, see here if you want:

Has any of you tried the brushes on a Roland kit and can report how "natural" it feels? Does anyone know about the technical realisation and whether it would be possible to realize it on the 2box?

btw.: I'm not yet a brush player and it is not a necessary feature for me. However, I'm curious about it and would be glad about the possibility to play with brushes on my kit (when I eventually get one)...

TrommelTheo

i wouldn´t bet, but i think my TD 8 is also playable with brushes...

btw: GIVE PUTTENVR HIS BD-LIGHT! :animal:

Theo

Manuel

Deve Loper, times of release of the new release ?
I need desperately metronome, and I don't feel like buying it...
Thanks...

TrommelTheo

oh no, not longer "Helau", playing two Carnival-Parties on weekend was enough for me... tä tää     tä tää      tä tää  :drum2:
and Í must drive a Carnival all the year *lol*

Theo

GIVE PUTTENVR HIS LIGHTS[/shadow]

boekhour

1) MP3
2) Metronome
3) Every single kit a different volumelevel mix (or can it be done already???  :o)

drew

1. Sample editor. Without something that will allow you to easily drag and drop full kit setups from VSTs into the unit, this product has no use to me.

2. Metronome. Frankly, I'm disgusted that I even have to write this. All EKits should have a metronome. They're really very simple and quick to program, this should have been done for the 1.0 release and the lack of it currently is a large factor in my waning interest in the product.
3. The ability to adjust the balance of distant VS. close mic volumes for each drum would be invaluable to me as in my experience no other single factor makes more of a dramatic difference to the sound of a drum. This is far more practical than adding artificial reverb.

3.5? I'd really like some form of digital out that can output 24/96 multitrack audio, such as ADAT Litepipe. I recognize that this will likely not happen and certainly won't without necessitating everyone to buy new modules, but I for one would really appreciate it... you know, sometime. I can use MIDI in a pinch but that won't do so well when trying to mix live shows. I know it is *possible* to transmit full-bandwidth audio over S/PDIF as there are mods for various DVD-Audio players that allow this but since most recording equipment, as far as I know, has the same 16/48 limitation on the ins so that's probably not very useful.

hwasser

and how do u think it will work to drag and drop kits from a Vst?

If you drag och drop from the file-folders from the VST, they all have their own format, which includes both samples and settings to the software.

If you drag and drop a kit from the vst-software, nothing will happen, becouse what you see is just buttons, graphics and codes.

UC

I think the keyword for the VST would be to "export" the kit (as opposed to drag and drop), with some on the fly re-encoding or whatever else processing needs doing to get what you've put together in your VST / standalone app, into a form that the 2box can use.

That way perhaps the editor automatically updates the .dkit database of kit settings+samples, and also drops the newly created samples into the folders (right cymbal, tom, snare etc), so you could then access them seperately within the brain too. Anyway - I think this thread is meant to be about the software running on the 2box brain, not PC/MAC software.

So my personal top 3:

1) internal metronome (with its own volume control - don't like quiet / too loud clicks)
2) inifinite (or at least 100 more) User Assignable kits - maybe with a "tagged as favourite" function so you can move your favourites to the start of the list without renaming them, for quick access
3) an "exit / cancel" button in case you hit the "save" button on the "kit" page and accidentally move the dial to another kit name, and forget what kit it is you wanted to save changes to (done that too many times...usually end up switching off and on to cancel changes)