News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

OS V1.04 adds a new Hihat calibration

Started by Remi, February 01, 2010, 09:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remi

OS V1.04 adds a new Hihat calibration. OS V1.0 / 1.02 bug fixes are also incorporated with in this update.

http://www.2box.se/Pages/dloads.html

puttenvr

Scottie

Quote from: puttenvr on February 01, 2010, 10:07:13 PM
Which bugs are fixed?

All the bug fixes from the previous updates puttenvr.

As a side note, with the new calibration i would try performing it a few times, as you can tweak it to your playing style.

Would be good to get people's thoughts on the new update?

Thanks
Scott

Baby Samus

Hi Scottie,

I dropped the 1.04 O/S on late yesterday evening and the module booted without any issues.  Tried the new hi-hat calibration - after a few times going through the process and a quick play, it looks like a good improvement over the last calibration method ;D.  I found keeping the hat sounds constant an easier job than before and you can really tinker with how it plays now.

I will test it properly tomorrow hopefully, and post again with final thoughts.  :patbat2box:

Steve

Seems like the rim of the hi hat is now the louder and more responsive part, more natural now. I was adjusting my playing before on the top and it seems like it works more natural and intuitive doing quick open/close stuff.  The half sound is better but not perfection, nor am I demanding it, the entire kit is very impressive. Great update.

nonoduweb

Yes, it seems to be a good improvement.

I realize just now that the trigger of the foot works with a magnet.  :D

westerlu77

It's absolutely better, but still not perfect as someone mention before. I have problems to get my chip smooth. I play quite sensitive on hihat and I loose hits sometimes, do I have to increase gain even more?

alainV

It really seems to solve the hihat problems!

Scottie

Quote from: westerlu77 on February 02, 2010, 08:39:28 AM
It's absolutely better, but still not perfect as someone mention before. I have problems to get my chip smooth. I play quite sensitive on hihat and I loose hits sometimes, do I have to increase gain even more?

Hi westerlu

I would try tweaking the gain some more, and see if it helps with your playing style.
Also remember that you can change the curve as well.

Thanks for the feedback from everyone  :)

Regards
Scott

Remi

Quote from: Scottie on February 01, 2010, 10:36:11 PM
All the bug fixes from the previous updates puttenvr.

Would be good to get people's thoughts on the new update?

Thanks
Scott

Any overview of these bugs?

Calibrating the hats has improved a lot.  :rock:

Scottie

Quote from: Remi on February 02, 2010, 09:56:50 PM
Any overview of these bugs?

Calibrating the hats has improved a lot.  :rock:

Hi Remi

Good to hear that the Calibration has helped  ;D

The bug fixes are listed under the heading: "OS V 1.0 / 1.02 Software update overview ( Previous Release's )" which is the bottom drop down menu on this page: http://www.2box.se/Pages/updates.html

Hope this helps
Scott

Remi

xaronv

Hi Guys

I've tried the update last night. I used my method by pushing the pedal when calibrating down and let the pedal free for calibrating up.
And it works like a charm. Now, the half open sound is more consistant and easier to achieve !!

Thanks 2box for this work.

Little by little, we are going to have the killer e-drum

alainV

I have updated and calibrate the Hihat.

Better feeling to play, more accurate... BUT

Yesterday evening, after four or five songs with the band, the Hihat started to do random sounds, double triggering (the band tought it was me...)
and open sound when close..... totally unpredictable!

I have done another Hihat calibration, all was good for three or four songs, and then... Random sounds again!!!!

I really plan to play on stage with this fantastic drum... but for now, impossible! I don't want this happening on stage!

patbat

I had the same problem or even worse during a few days in december,
and then the problem disappeared as it came : mysteriously.
and now I'm playing for 5 weeks and I never had the problem again.
(see my thread named : "My hihat is drunk").

In my case, the problem began when I plugged my Ipod to my
Drumit5 module but I guess this has nothing to do.....
... however I never connected my Ipod again.   ;D