News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Metronome... where find?

Started by Drumster, February 03, 2017, 11:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drumster

I love a lot about my 2Box module but the user manual is, IMO, a poorly written joke.
If there's ANYTHING in it that's just simple and straight ahead I have yet to see it.

Case in point: I want to initiate the metronome. I look in the index and see it's mentioned on a number of pages. But on none of those pages do I find how to simply start it. You know... push button A and then button B... or whatever. There's mostly just other mentions to other references etc. Drives me batty. So where is that instruction?

There seems to be an enormous degree of assumption on the part of the manual's author that the reader is not only very computer literate but also already knows a whole lot about how to navigate both the module and the manual.

Would someone be so kind as to explain in simple terms how to start/use the metronome?
Many thanks!

edtc

i agree the manual could be better ... But really , what you ask is so obvious ...

If you took half the time you used to write this post reading the manual , or simply look on the module , you would have found it by yourself ...:)

- on the module :

on first page when you power it ( KIT â€"PROG ) it s written START STOP ... if you press it , the module wont explode ... ( just kidding ...)

- in the manual  :

page 4 :
Metronome
The  built in metronome not  only  helps  you  with  practicing  and  refining  your  technique,  but can  also  be used for live performances. You can save one individually programmed metronome per KIT. There is a variety  of  time  signatures  and  sounds  available  and  the  tempo  can  precisely  be  adjusted  according  to your  specifications.  The  metronome  can  as  well  be  used  as  a  one
or  two bar  count  in:  The  Click automatically stops in the respective mode.

page 31 :
PLAY/PAUSE PLAY starts -if available â€"the song or metronome loaded with the KIT (see alsopage 42). Do this with the DATA button to the right.When you have started a song with PLAY (Right DATA button), the display changes to PAUSE.  With  PAUSE  (right  DATA  button  again),  you  can  pause  the  song.  The  time display below TIME will flash, signaling the PAUSE status
STOP  Stops playing back the song or the metronome (DATA button in the middle)

Also the Drumit5 isnt a purely beginner module or a toy  , it s a bit logic that some readings and trys are needed ...

Drumster

Thanks ed.
My table of contents page doesn't list page 42 for "metronome", even though that's where the info sits. Got it now.
I've found metronome inadvertently before; now I'll be more likely to remember.

Cheers!