News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Factory Sound File Bank Lost

Started by s76rick, January 17, 2016, 08:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s76rick

Hey all,

The computer I had backed up my factory 2box sound files crashed and the zip file is gone. I want to do a factory reset and reload the original sounds and kits but obviously I can't without the files. I searched here and found a link to a German site that supposedly has the file. It took an hour to download but when I unzipped it it only contained an empty folder labeled China cymbal.

Can any one advise or would some one be kind enough to email me a copy of the file?

Thanks!

Coda

I think the problem is maybe you didn't unzip it with the password.

s76rick

Thanks for the reply Coda. How do I get this password?

Coda

Its written right there on the website you downloaded the zipfile from. At least it was when I last looked a few weeks ago. Same problem, different guy.

JRage

Quote from: Coda on January 17, 2016, 11:01:21 PM
Its written right there on the website you downloaded the zipfile from. At least it was when I last looked a few weeks ago. Same problem, different guy.

Hi, I've had the same problem. When I used Mac, it couldn't open the zip file with the password provided. Then I tried PC, and without problems it unzipped the folder.

Rgds,
Janis R.
Posted by some mistake.

Coda

The Mac's built in zip program 'archive utility' is a bit persnickety with some zip files. I recommend 'Betterzip' and 'UnrarX' if you do a lot of (un)archiving of zips, rars, 7zs etc. Don't need to go to Windows for anything (except for SDSE lol).