News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Using my 2Box kit live

Started by NewEDrummer, January 09, 2016, 11:20:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewEDrummer

Hi guys,
After lots of trying I still can't manage to set up my kit when playing live.
I have gone through the settings and I just can't get it to do what I want
Could someone please dumb it down for me in an easy to interprate list.
I need my kit to go out to the front of house mixer with a separate channel
For my kick drum.
I need the full mix from the mixer to my headphones that are connected to my 2 box brain.
Plus I need my kit coming into my head phones also and have the possibility
To control the volume of the kit from the level
Knob on the brain for my headphones without changing the front of house volume.
And the sound guy controlling the volume of all the other band members in my headphones
From the mixer.
I hope I am not asking a lot but I am really struggling to achieve this.
Much appreciate any help.
Cheers Andy. Oh and also what cymbals are compatible with the unit?
I git a really cheap Pintech splash that works ok, but I am looking for another crash and continue using the 2 box cymbal as my ride.
Thanks.

Coda

• Unit->Intf - Assign your pads to channels. Press each pad switch in turn and make sure the BUS  is what you want, adjust it with rightmost data entry knob
  • Unit->Out - Connect the monitor mix from the desk to your aux in and change LINE to Mono unless you are sure you have a stereo mix coming from the desk
  • Unit->Out - Set PHONS to Sub
  • Unit->Out - If you receive the drums in the monitor mix from the desk, deselect the drums in the subgroup (left data entry knob) otherwise leave it selected (or you won't hear drums)
  • Unit->Out - Make sure Out 1.2! is set

Note:

• If you don't want to use 5 or 6 ouputs for instrument separation (maybe you only have 2 channels on the desk?) then you can assign all instruments except the kick to bus 1, and everything else to bus 2
  • Fader settings are irrelevant unless you're using the internal mixer (The headphones or the 1+2 outputs are set to MIX. They should not be in your case)
  • If you don't see a '!' next to a channel assignment, it means that the volume is controlled by the volume knob. Otherwise (with a '!') the level is output at nominal line level regardless of mixer or volume knob settings. This is what you want in most situations for the best quality sound.

NewEDrummer

Thankyou so much for your help here,
You have just changed my world!
All the best! 👍

NewEDrummer

Hi again,
I am playing live tonight and tomorrow I am currently sending a kick to the desk bus 1 and the rest of the kit bus 2
I want to send all the cymbals do I select eg bus 3 for each cymbal then bus 4 for the snare
Then I have 4 outs to the desk.
Kick
Cymbals
Toms
Snare
Do I leave unit out 1+2! As is or without looking at the unit yet do I need to change that as I now have 4 outs?
Thank you I'm in a bit of a hurry and have left it last minute,
But any help would be great, thank you.

makoki

No need to change 1+2!. You can use for monitoring. Simply make the proper addressing to 3,4,5,6 and that's it. I use tha same setup with 1+2 for monitoring HPhones or Monitor.

Greetings from Spain, good luck and enjoy!!

NewEDrummer

Thankyou! And greetings to you too!!
Just sound checked wow!!
Got a tama maple kit being converted can't wait 👍
It's all finally falling into place!
Be well brother!