News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Using 2 Box Drumit mk2 live

Started by NewEDrummer, December 08, 2015, 08:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewEDrummer

Hi guys,
I'm new here so forgive me if this has been asked before.
I am in rather a rush as have 1st gig using the kit on Friday.
At rehearsal I just connected the kit to the PA and used 1 headphone just so I could hear the rest of the band as they didn't go through the mixer.
Ok I believe that to have the kit going FOH I just send a jack from out 1 to the mixer and need not change a thing on the module.
To have a separate out for the kick I have assigned it on
intf - Bus 3  Out - 3 phones Mix.
Out 1.2 Sub! phones Mix

So if I connect out 1 to the mixer and out 3 I will have all the kit bar the kick to out 1 and the kick to 3 having a separate channel therefore on the monitor.
If I then send a jack from Aux output on the PA Mixer to the line in on the module I should then have the PA mix of all instruments and vocals + the drums and kick drum in my headphones from the headphone out on the module. And the level control will turn the kit up in my headphones only not FOH..
Is this all correct or am I way off? The reason for separating the kick is to send it through the Subs FOH.
Thanks for any help on this matter, much appreciated.

AndyMo

Hi,

When I play live, I take outputs 1 and 2 to my amp/mixer/monitor - and from there have a stereo lineout to the FOH PA.

Sometimes we have a sub, other times not. However, I don't need to send separate individual outs as the PA mixer sends the relevant frequencies to all cabs, including the sub's, automatically.

I hope this helps and you have a great gig!

Cheers,
Andy

NewEDrummer

Hi Andy thanks for the reply.
I use my IEM's out of the module so have no
Monitor and our guitarist sorts the pa mix
But isn't incredibly savvy with his new desk.
Hopefully the way I am gonna approach it
Will work.
I have only owned the kit a month so fingers crossed or Tamas back in biz.