News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Musicians Friend

Started by hemiboy, December 01, 2015, 01:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemiboy

Just noticed on Musicians Friend's website that they are advertising the 2 box module as a " Tama 2 Box ". I know Hoshino is the distributor for Tama, but did I  miss something? Is it officially considered a Tama product?   

Coda

Link please. I searched already and did not find it.

Coda

I see. So is it a goof, or is Tama handling US distribution now? To be honest something needs to be done because US exposure was a joke, IMO.

edtc

Hoshino is the 2BOX distributor in the US ... i guess Musicians friend makes a marketing shortcut and  uses TAMAs credibility to boost the sales ...

Why not if it works ...

TAMA has a lot of aficionados ... their money is welcome to sweeden ...no ?..:)

hemiboy

Not knocking how they are marketing it. Just wanted to know if it officially was being called a Tama product from now on. I buy a lot of gear from Musicians Friend as well.

puttenvr

Tama advertises a lot their cocktail jam kit along with the Roland TM2 thing
i am curious how long the US connection between Tama and 2box will last

Coda

Assuming there *is* a relationship. It could be a mistake, or just another case of the infamous "we'll do anything for a buck" characteristic of some of our friends across the Atlantic :-P

digitalDrummer

Hoshino US (owned by Tama's Japanese parent) distributes Tama and also distributes 2box in the US. 2box is available in different configurations in the US - eg rubber heads instead of mesh. The kit is also available with upgraded Tama hardware instead of stock 2box hardware.

hemiboy

Thanks Allan. I was aware of all of that. Just wanted to know if maybe Bengt actually had sold 2 box to Tama, like Kat was bought out by DW, or  at least as my understanding, anyway