News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2box snare not responding

Started by kiskipuich, August 07, 2015, 08:16:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiskipuich

So far I ve tried checking the module no prbob
The sensor on the snare without the mesh no prob apparently
I put the mesh back the spund comes and now
Does not come or comes very weak.

I tried tightening the mesh loosing the mesh
Putting a cloth instead of the mesh
Putting a coin over the sensor
Nothing nothing at all.

Last time the fix was just to move the sponge that is
Besides the sensor  little bit up
Now again the snare does not  sound.
Do i have to be accomodating the sponge every time??
Plz help.
Thanks!

Coda

Is that a request for help or a poem?

Sounds to me like you have a broken sensor. If it triggers occasionally, then maybe a wire has come off.

You will need to contact 2box support.

InTheBox

Sounds like you have a broken wire on the piezo. This happened to me with the rim piezo, the wire broke off and the triggering became weak/erratic/gone.

I fixed it myself by soldering it carefully back in place, but if you still have a warranty or don't feel qualified to do it I'd probably contact 2box.

kiskipuich

Quote from: Coda on August 07, 2015, 10:20:57 AM
Is that a request for help or a poem?

Sounds to me like you have a broken sensor. If it triggers occasionally, then maybe a wire has come off.

You will need to contact 2box support.

HAHAHA thanks guys!
I ll try than
o n e  and tell you
anyways I dont see broken wires...

nocturnodrummer

Maybe it's just a cold solder joint. You couldn't see any broken wires but connection is faulty anyway. Resolder the thing and write us another poem with a result :)

welshsteve

Just recently found the same thing. Slacken the head off, so it's really spongey, triggers fine. A couple of turns to tighten the repsonse, no triggering at all. I took the head off a and had a look at the piezo wiring, no break, at least none I could see.
The Ddrum Cast precision pads were the best, I wish they'd bring these back! The old Ddrum3 and 4 also has position sensing. The 2box module is by far the best sounding, but I miss pressure and position sensing.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!